Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2950

Default what do you use Fluid Film 4 ?

I just bought my first can ever of Fluid Film Had my tractor battery out and wanted to try coating the terminals with it. I know I have read some people swearing by the stuff. I have never seen it before so I bought a can. I am a guy that fixes most all that I can myself.So I figure I will find a use or two but I was wondering what you guys use it for.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Will be undercoating the truck with it, spraying all implements with it before winter. Spray all door locks with it. Can even clean work boots with it, just test an area first.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: what do you use Fluid Film 4 ?

Dang near everything that doesnt take grease, I use it for most things on the tractor that I want to lube/protect. Household things etc. I have just been using it for about a year, but I like it. It is now my go-to aerosol lube. It seems to last, not attract too much dirt, and doesn't even smell bad.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540 HTSC-3

I plan on coating the inside of my new snowblower with it, and the plug tines on my aerator. Pretty neat stuff.
    2010 Kubota L3540 HTSC-3 w/R3's, 2002 John Deere X595, Woods GB72 Box Blade, Woods PL72 Core Aerator, Kubota Ballast Box, CL4 Forks, Befco 209 3pt Spreader 3pt Trailer hitch, JD spreader, JD Dethatcher, Jd Power Bagger, Stihl MS361, 024 saws, TS400 cut off, BR 380 blower and an Echo PPT 280 polesaw

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by arsenix2001 View Post
    I plan on coating the inside of my new snowblower with it, and the plug tines on my aerator. Pretty neat stuff.
    CAn use silicone spray or cooking spray and be cheaper.Tip from many commercial guys.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

I use Fluid Film on all linkages that don't have a grease fitting, the gear and range levers and all pivot points of the 3PH.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer 1030

Wire rope (crane cable). We've doubled the life on our cables, especially our 1" winch cables that get muddy, sandy, etc. The dirt doesn't stick to the FF like it does to cable grease. Also, we get longer life out of our gloves. The old thick black cable grease would ruin a pair quickly. Also, the FF doesn't harden up from age and cold temps.

Tractor
    Kubota L2950

Great uses, I guess I have a Farmi winch I will try the cable lube trick as well. I also will try the snow blower.

It makes great pan spray for frying eggs as well.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

Silver Member

I have a 2002 2500HD with 131,000. I've Been straying fluid film as an undercoating for years. At this point I have very little of the waxy stuff GM puts on the frame, but if you wipe away the fluid film and the dirt my frame looks like it's brand new. My buddy had to do some work on my truck and told me Mine look's brand new underneath compared to his 2010 F350 which is all rusty already. I was going to have the frame repainted but no need to. I just spray fluid film twice a year and your good to go. Great stuff to keep around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast