Loss Of Power

/ Loss Of Power #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
Since I went to Synthetic my Massey is losing power. I have one steep hill to mow, I mow at 2,000 RPM, this afternoon I mowed it and the best it would do was 1,300 RPM. Opening the throttle makes no difference. In the past it would pull this hill without breathing hard. On the flat she's back up to 2,000. The only thing that has changed is the oil.

/ Loss Of Power #2  
Hello Mark,

Is your Massey a true Massey or an
Iseki branded as a Massey Ferguson?

The only thing I can honestly
think is that you have some
fuel with an algae farm growing
in it and the movement up the
hill pulls the floating algae farm
towards the suction strainer and
may be plugging it.

________________________________________________________________oOnce you go flail you never go back:thumbsup::licking::drool:

/ Loss Of Power #3  
Since I went to Synthetic my Massey is losing power. I have one steep hill to mow, I mow at 2,000 RPM, this afternoon I mowed it and the best it would do was 1,300 RPM. Opening the throttle makes no difference. In the past it would pull this hill without breathing hard. On the flat she's back up to 2,000. The only thing that has changed is the oil.

What weight Synthetic oil did you use ? What weight oil did you use before changing it to Synthetic ??

/ Loss Of Power #4  
Mark Page said:

What model MF??

/ Loss Of Power
Massey Ferguson 231s with a 45 horse Perkins 3 cylinder. Before mowing yesterday I put 5 gallons of fuel in it. I had bought it the week before from a local Shell station. I've purchased fuel there before without a problem,
but the more I think about it the more I think that's the problem. The fuel filter shows no dirt or water, and the element was changed 50 hours ago. I had been running the synthetic since last year without a problem. The day before I had run the machine without a problem, but as soon as I put 5 gallons of this "fresh" fuel in the problem started.
If it's not under a load, like mowing on the flat, it runs fine. How am I going to get rid of 15 gallons of bad fuel.

/ Loss Of Power
Massey Ferguson 231s with a 45 horse Perkins 3 cylinder. Before mowing yesterday I put 5 gallons of fuel in it. I had bought it the week before from a local Shell station. I've purchased fuel there before without a problem,
but the more I think about it the more I think that's the problem. The fuel filter shows no dirt or water, and the element was changed 50 hours ago. I had been running the synthetic since last year without a problem. The day before I had run the machine without a problem, but as soon as I put 5 gallons of this "fresh" fuel in the problem started.
If it's not under a load, like mowing on the flat, it runs fine. How am I going to get rid of 15 gallons of bad fuel?

/ Loss Of Power #8  
If it's not under a load, like mowing on the flat, it runs fine. How am I going to get rid of 15 gallons of bad fuel?

DO you have an oil furnace or know someone that does, dump it the tank with the heating oil.