Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 630

Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

I would enjoy knowing who makes the oil for kubota, and just how good it really is. I well imagine that any of the three Kubota oils are fairly decent oils, as these products have to perform well and not allow the machines to cause warranty comebacks on themselves due to poor lubrication. However, companies like Chevron and Mobil for example have a lot of responsibility / liabilty out there as well, to provide good and quality lubes. It's dificult for me to buy the idea that only Kubota has oil that works in a Kubota. I have a Kubota 31 HP mower, the big brute with 72 inch cut. I would not hesitate to put Chevron Synthetic Tractor Fluid in my new Kubota. Now------saying that, I will probably put the Super UDT in at required change intervals until the warranty expires. When the mower is off warranty, in goes the synthetic Chevron product. The engine will have Delo 400 at the first oil change.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

It isn't a secret that Ashland (Valvoline) has been kubota's supplier for a long time. (US) PetroCanada there. I am NOT sure they are the supplier for the new SUDT-2.

If you wanted to use the Chevron now, I see no reason to fear a warranty issue. You don't seem afraid of the engine oil, so I don't see any difference. Quality products are not to be feared. $.02
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 630

Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    It isn't a secret that Ashland (Valvoline) has been kubota's supplier for a long time. (US) PetroCanada there. I am NOT sure they are the supplier for the new SUDT-2.

If you wanted to use the Chevron now, I see no reason to fear a warranty issue. You don't seem afraid of the engine oil, so I don't see any difference. Quality products are not to be feared. $.02
    Your answer is absolutely right. Kubota cannot hassle the owner for not using their brand of lubes. I'm partial to Chevron only because I'm a jobber of the stuff, and appreciate what I see my customers doing with the oils, and how well those oils do in service.
    Last edited by brucew44guns; 09-29-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling error

Tractor
    BX23

Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    Some more thought: I think the UDT is a straight 30 weight.
    The SUDT is a 10-30 multiviscosity oil.
    The SUDT2 is a synthetic or synthetic blend multiviscosity oil.
    Here is a link to the price differences. kubota Fluids
    Just to clear a few things up. Kubota's Super UDT2 is not a synthetic oil. They list it as a " Superior Synthetic Performance" I just picked some up from the dealer and asked him if this was a synthetic oil. He told me no it is not a synthetic. It is all marketing. I still don't know if there is a difference in the oils or not. You can pick up a gallon of Universal Hydraulic Tractor Fluid recommended for Kubota UDT, for half the price or less. I chose to purchase Kubota's Super UDT2 instead, because I did not want to mix them. I am not sure it makes any difference or not. I would sure like to hear from a oil engineer on types of oils and brand names. I am sure the manufacturer's put the same oil in different containers with different labels on them. Just like when milk is sold under different names. They just change the label on the same line and place a different sticker on the bottle.
    BX23, 5' backblade, Scag 72" ZT, 6' Woods Landscape Rake.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by jgheck View Post
    Just to clear a few things up. kubota's Super UDT2 is not a synthetic oil. They list it as a " Superior Synthetic Performance" I just picked some up from the dealer and asked him if this was a synthetic oil. He told me no it is not a synthetic. It is all marketing. I still don't know if there is a difference in the oils or not. You can pick up a gallon of Universal Hydraulic Tractor Fluid recommended for Kubota UDT, for half the price or less. I chose to purchase Kubota's Super UDT2 instead, because I did not want to mix them. I am not sure it makes any difference or not. I would sure like to hear from a oil engineer on types of oils and brand names. I am sure the manufacturer's put the same oil in different containers with different labels on them. Just like when milk is sold under different names. They just change the label on the same line and place a different sticker on the bottle.
    According to Kubota Super UDT 2 is a semi-synthetic oil. They don't elaborate in their specifications about it, but they do advertise it as a semi-synthetic oil. I am attaching their information about it in a PDF document. I will also attach the PDF document for their Super UDT. Ashland makes their hydraulic oils.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

For some reason the Super UDT2 file didn't upload in the previous post. Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jgheck View Post
    Just to clear a few things up. kubota's Super UDT2 is not a synthetic oil. They list it as a " Superior Synthetic Performance" I just picked some up from the dealer and asked him if this was a synthetic oil. He told me no it is not a synthetic. It is all marketing. I still don't know if there is a difference in the oils or not. You can pick up a gallon of Universal Hydraulic Tractor Fluid recommended for Kubota UDT, for half the price or less. I chose to purchase Kubota's Super UDT2 instead, because I did not want to mix them. I am not sure it makes any difference or not. I would sure like to hear from a oil engineer on types of oils and brand names. I am sure the manufacturer's put the same oil in different containers with different labels on them. Just like when milk is sold under different names. They just change the label on the same line and place a different sticker on the bottle.
    Not an oil engineer but- One difference is the anti wear chemistry- Super UDT was using zinc dialkyl dithiosphosphate and Super UDT II uses alkyl borate chemistries. They are full compatible with each other.

Tractor
    BX23

Quote Originally Posted by Skyco View Post
    Not an oil engineer but- One difference is the anti wear chemistry- Super UDT was using zinc dialkyl dithiosphosphate and Super UDT II uses alkyl borate chemistries. They are full compatible with each other.
    Thanks for the information. What do you think about mixing other Universal Hydraulic Transmission Fluid with kubota's Sudt2? I just didn't know so spent they extra money and bought the same stuff from Kubota. I talked with a number of different dealers. Some use the Kubota fluid and others were using non Kubota Hydraulic oil. I am still a little confused on this. I would like to have an oil engineer chime in on this topic sometime.
    BX23, 5' backblade, Scag 72" ZT, 6' Woods Landscape Rake.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Skyco View Post
    Yeah, what you said
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Z724 ZTR
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by KYDan View Post
    For some reason the Super UDT2 file didn't upload in the previous post. Here it is.
    As noted in the Sudt threads for years, I am paying what for a dino oil? Still over priced fluid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast