Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    181
    Tractor
    John Deere 630

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    I would enjoy knowing who makes the oil for kubota, and just how good it really is. I well imagine that any of the three Kubota oils are fairly decent oils, as these products have to perform well and not allow the machines to cause warranty comebacks on themselves due to poor lubrication. However, companies like Chevron and Mobil for example have a lot of responsibility / liabilty out there as well, to provide good and quality lubes. It's dificult for me to buy the idea that only Kubota has oil that works in a Kubota. I have a Kubota 31 HP mower, the big brute with 72 inch cut. I would not hesitate to put Chevron Synthetic Tractor Fluid in my new Kubota. Now------saying that, I will probably put the Super UDT in at required change intervals until the warranty expires. When the mower is off warranty, in goes the synthetic Chevron product. The engine will have Delo 400 at the first oil change.

  2. #12
    Super Member bp fick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,627
    Location
    Beaver Creek, Northern Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    It isn't a secret that Ashland (Valvoline) has been kubota's supplier for a long time. (US) PetroCanada there. I am NOT sure they are the supplier for the new SUDT-2.

    If you wanted to use the Chevron now, I see no reason to fear a warranty issue. You don't seem afraid of the engine oil, so I don't see any difference. Quality products are not to be feared. $.02
    BP


    "Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

  3. #13
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    181
    Tractor
    John Deere 630

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    It isn't a secret that Ashland (Valvoline) has been kubota's supplier for a long time. (US) PetroCanada there. I am NOT sure they are the supplier for the new SUDT-2.

    If you wanted to use the Chevron now, I see no reason to fear a warranty issue. You don't seem afraid of the engine oil, so I don't see any difference. Quality products are not to be feared. $.02
    Your answer is absolutely right. Kubota cannot hassle the owner for not using their brand of lubes. I'm partial to Chevron only because I'm a jobber of the stuff, and appreciate what I see my customers doing with the oils, and how well those oils do in service.
    Last edited by brucew44guns; 09-29-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling error

  4. #14
    Silver Member jgheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    106
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Tractor
    BX23

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    Quote Originally Posted by dex3361 View Post
    Some more thought: I think the UDT is a straight 30 weight.
    The SUDT is a 10-30 multiviscosity oil.
    The SUDT2 is a synthetic or synthetic blend multiviscosity oil.
    Here is a link to the price differences. kubota Fluids
    Just to clear a few things up. Kubota's Super UDT2 is not a synthetic oil. They list it as a " Superior Synthetic Performance" I just picked some up from the dealer and asked him if this was a synthetic oil. He told me no it is not a synthetic. It is all marketing. I still don't know if there is a difference in the oils or not. You can pick up a gallon of Universal Hydraulic Tractor Fluid recommended for Kubota UDT, for half the price or less. I chose to purchase Kubota's Super UDT2 instead, because I did not want to mix them. I am not sure it makes any difference or not. I would sure like to hear from a oil engineer on types of oils and brand names. I am sure the manufacturer's put the same oil in different containers with different labels on them. Just like when milk is sold under different names. They just change the label on the same line and place a different sticker on the bottle.
    BX23, 5' backblade, Scag 72" ZT, 6' Woods Landscape Rake.

  5. #15
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    768
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    Quote Originally Posted by jgheck View Post
    Just to clear a few things up. kubota's Super UDT2 is not a synthetic oil. They list it as a " Superior Synthetic Performance" I just picked some up from the dealer and asked him if this was a synthetic oil. He told me no it is not a synthetic. It is all marketing. I still don't know if there is a difference in the oils or not. You can pick up a gallon of Universal Hydraulic Tractor Fluid recommended for Kubota UDT, for half the price or less. I chose to purchase Kubota's Super UDT2 instead, because I did not want to mix them. I am not sure it makes any difference or not. I would sure like to hear from a oil engineer on types of oils and brand names. I am sure the manufacturer's put the same oil in different containers with different labels on them. Just like when milk is sold under different names. They just change the label on the same line and place a different sticker on the bottle.
    According to Kubota Super UDT 2 is a semi-synthetic oil. They don't elaborate in their specifications about it, but they do advertise it as a semi-synthetic oil. I am attaching their information about it in a PDF document. I will also attach the PDF document for their Super UDT. Ashland makes their hydraulic oils.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #16
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    768
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    For some reason the Super UDT2 file didn't upload in the previous post. Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #17
    Elite Member Skyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,718
    Location
    SC/NC

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    Quote Originally Posted by jgheck View Post
    Just to clear a few things up. kubota's Super UDT2 is not a synthetic oil. They list it as a " Superior Synthetic Performance" I just picked some up from the dealer and asked him if this was a synthetic oil. He told me no it is not a synthetic. It is all marketing. I still don't know if there is a difference in the oils or not. You can pick up a gallon of Universal Hydraulic Tractor Fluid recommended for Kubota UDT, for half the price or less. I chose to purchase Kubota's Super UDT2 instead, because I did not want to mix them. I am not sure it makes any difference or not. I would sure like to hear from a oil engineer on types of oils and brand names. I am sure the manufacturer's put the same oil in different containers with different labels on them. Just like when milk is sold under different names. They just change the label on the same line and place a different sticker on the bottle.
    Not an oil engineer but- One difference is the anti wear chemistry- Super UDT was using zinc dialkyl dithiosphosphate and Super UDT II uses alkyl borate chemistries. They are full compatible with each other.

  8. #18
    Silver Member jgheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    106
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Tractor
    BX23

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyco View Post
    Not an oil engineer but- One difference is the anti wear chemistry- Super UDT was using zinc dialkyl dithiosphosphate and Super UDT II uses alkyl borate chemistries. They are full compatible with each other.
    Thanks for the information. What do you think about mixing other Universal Hydraulic Transmission Fluid with kubota's Sudt2? I just didn't know so spent they extra money and bought the same stuff from Kubota. I talked with a number of different dealers. Some use the Kubota fluid and others were using non Kubota Hydraulic oil. I am still a little confused on this. I would like to have an oil engineer chime in on this topic sometime.
    BX23, 5' backblade, Scag 72" ZT, 6' Woods Landscape Rake.

  9. #19
    Super Member timswi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,429
    Location
    Beaver County Pa
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyco View Post
    Not an oil engineer but- One difference is the anti wear chemistry- Super UDT was using zinc dialkyl dithiosphosphate and Super UDT II uses alkyl borate chemistries. They are full compatible with each other.
    Yeah, what you said
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Z724 ZTR
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

  10. #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,003

    Default Re: Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

    Quote Originally Posted by KYDan View Post
    For some reason the Super UDT2 file didn't upload in the previous post. Here it is.
    As noted in the Sudt threads for years, I am paying what for a dino oil? Still over priced fluid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KUBOTA SUPER UDT
    By shownuff in forum Private Party Ads Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
  2. Kubota UDT fluid question
    By dixie in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 05:59 AM
  3. UDT, Super UDT, or SAE 80-90
    By PA-Woodchuck in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
  4. Kubota Super UDT
    By BIGUN in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:29 PM
  5. Super Trac fluid ok for Kubota L185?
    By Saltydawg in forum Oil, Fuel & Lubricants
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.