Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT

/ Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT #1  

KYDan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD
I preface this post with a caveat: I am only debating whether to use Kubota UDT or Super UDT. At this juncture I am not considering any other brands. I live in Central Kentucky and have a Kubota MX5100 HST and I am approaching the initial 50 hour service. The dealer where I purchased the tractor only uses Super UDT and that is all that he stocks. I checked with another nearby dealer and he basically recommends and only stocks the UDT in 5 gallon pails. And, recommend it over the Super UDT for this area with the exception of certain machines. Basically, the Super UDT is $110 for 5 gallons, whereas, the UDT is $80 for 5 gallons. Since I will be purchasing 15 gallons this represents a difference of $90. I am attaching a Kubota furnished comparison of the two fluids, both of which are non-synthetic. Any thoughts from the armchair petrochemists?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Kubota_SuperUDT.pdf
    83.1 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
   / Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT #2  
I preface this post with a caveat: I am only debating whether to use Kubota UDT or Super UDT. At this juncture I am not considering any other brands. I live in Central Kentucky and have a Kubota MX5100 HST and I am approaching the initial 50 hour service. The dealer where I purchased the tractor only uses Super UDT and that is all that he stocks. I checked with another nearby dealer and he basically recommends and only stocks the UDT in 5 gallon pails. And, recommend it over the Super UDT for this area with the exception of certain machines. Basically, the Super UDT is $110 for 5 gallons, whereas, the UDT is $80 for 5 gallons. Since I will be purchasing 15 gallons this represents a difference of $90. I am attaching a Kubota furnished comparison of the two fluids, both of which are non-synthetic. Any thoughts from the armchair petrochemists?

Thanks in advance.

If I were you I would look at the Super UDT II. I think it is a synthetic blend or a full synthetic. I have 2 Kubotas, a BX1500HST and a L4400HST. I changed out the fluid in the BX1500 and noticed a big difference in the noise and in the apparent power available. I suspect it had UDT in the trans before the change. I though thought only the filter had to be changed at 50 hours and the fluid topped off? I would go with the SUDT II.

/ Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT
I think I read somewhere that the BX series were supposed to use only the Super UDT. There is nothing I could find regarding the MX series about which oil to use. According to the PDF file that Kubota sent to me both oils are dino rather than synthetic.

/ Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT #4  
Some more thought: I think the UDT is a straight 30 weight.
The SUDT is a 10-30 multiviscosity oil.
The SUDT2 is a synthetic or synthetic blend multiviscosity oil.
Here is a link to the price differences. Kubota Fluids

Last edited:
I didn't know there was a Super UDT II. I could not find it on the Kubota site.

I just checked my manual and you are correct at the 50 hour interval all that I have to replace for the transmisson is the filter! Thanks. I only replace the engine oil and filter. So it is a moot point until the 400 hour service! I am thankful that I read your post and checked the manual again. Information overload I suppose.

Thanks again, and I did find some information on the Super UDT2 after using google. No one here carries it.

Last edited:
   / Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT #7  
SUDT2 is the newest Fluid and the one to go with. I think there are 2 hydraulic filters on your machine one that is high pressure #HHTA0-59900 and one that is low pressure #HHTA0-37710.

/ Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT #8  
I didn't know there was a Super UDT II. I could not find it on the Kubota site.
I went to my dealer last spring and he didn't have enough SUDT.
Was back there the other day and ask for 13 quarts
of SUDT .
Got it home and was putting it on the shelf and that's when I noticed the II on the label.
Guess my dealer still don't have any SUDT.

The last I purchased from my dealer was SUDT only I didn't notice it. That was earlier this year when I replaced fluid in my transmission when I knocked off one of my hydraulic lines. This was on the L2900. I hit an old T post while I was brush mowing and it knocked off one of the metal return lines. It was a fairly easy repair except it was in the field and there was hydraulic oil all over the place, I lost about 5 gallons. I didn't even realize there was a SUDT2 until I started this thread. I guess I will go with it as I am a big fan of synthetic oil. I will see if he has it or can get it and how much it is. I shouldn't need too much as I am only changing the filters. I can capture most of what I lose changing them and re-use it.

Last edited:
   / Kubota UDT or Kubota Super UDT #10  
The last I purchased from my dealer was SUDT only I didn't notice it. That was earlier this year when I replaced fluid in my transmission when I knocked off one of my hydraulic lines. This was on the L2900. I hit an old T post while I was brush mowing and it knocked off one of the metal return lines. It was a fairly easy repair except it was in the field and there was hydraulic oil all over the place, I lost about 5 gallons. I didn't even realize there was a SUDT2 until I started this thread. I guess I will go with it as I am a big fan of synthetic oil. I will see if he has it or can get it and how much it is. I shouldn't need too much as I am only changing the filters. I can capture most of what I lose changing them and re-use it.

Some places are selling off their old stock of the fluid so they may have it but not putting it out yet. Had that happen at a local Kubota dealer they told me the SUDT2 was the same thing as the SUDT until he checked the computer and discovered he had a # for SUDT2 and went to the back and came out with it.