Transfer Fuel Pump Question

/ Transfer Fuel Pump Question #1  

NCMau

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 202/Ford 8N
I have a 12V, 20GPM transfer pump. There is no brand name but is the identical image of a Fill-Rite brand. The fuel is not coming out of the out port, but there is flow from the gears (with the cover removed). There are no vacuum leaks anywhere. The pump worked great last time I used it.
I removed the bi-pass valve cover and it looks like the plastic is pretty beat up and most likely it is causing my problem. Just need to confirm it, but also I would like to know where I can find just the replacement valve, not the whole kit. This pump is fairly new with very little usage. I welcome any inputs.

Attachments

• Pump.jpg
    Pump.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 211
   / Transfer Fuel Pump Question #2  
I have a 12V, 20GPM transfer pump. There is no brand name but is the identical image of a Fill-Rite brand. The fuel is not coming out of the out port, but there is flow from the gears (with the cover removed). There are no vacuum leaks anywhere. The pump worked great last time I used it.
I removed the bi-pass valve cover and it looks like the plastic is pretty beat up and most likely it is causing my problem. Just need to confirm it, but also I would like to know where I can find just the replacement valve, not the whole kit. This pump is fairly new with very little usage. I welcome any inputs.

Switch the power leads, maybe it was hooked up backwards to the battery.

/ Transfer Fuel Pump Question
Switch the power leads, maybe it was hooked up backwards to the battery.
The pump is connected right. The gas comes up to the pump but the bi-pass valve seems to be the culprit. If anyone would have a source just for the bi-pass valve, I would really appreciated.

/ Transfer Fuel Pump Question #4  
It might be an ebay replica pump. Take the cover off to expose the two rubber/plastic "gears" that create the suction. If there are teeth that are knocked off, 1) check your fuel tanks that you pumped fuel into and 2) look on ebay for 'tuthill (or fill-rite) pump rebuild kit' or go to somebody that sells Tuthill products and buy the rebuild kit. Rural King - America's Farm & Home Store and ebay are who i'd suggest.

Are you getting any suction?

/ Transfer Fuel Pump Question #5  
Tuthill Fill Rite pumps are built in Ft. Wayne Indiana. They are great company to work with. I am sure you could get parts or a kit from them.

Kits for Repair

/ Transfer Fuel Pump Question #6  
Be carefull, some of these pumps break the phonelic vanes internally when reversing the polarity.......:confused2: