Royal Purple??

/ Royal Purple?? #1  

bx2670

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Bx 2670
Has anyone here ever used or currently uses Royal Purple in their BX's or other tractors?Just thinking about switching over when I do my 50hr service in spring, I usually catch it on sale so that will help plus its a very good oil.

/ Royal Purple?? #2  
Is it rated for Diesel ?, if it is go ahead and use it, if it meets the oil spec as stated in your owners manual or by the engine manufacturer.
I use Amsoil 10W30 small engine oil in by Boomer.

/ Royal Purple?? #3  
Wait till the 200 hr service to make sure that it is properly broken-in!

Should be good to go after this

/ Royal Purple?? #4  
Wait till the 200 hr service to make sure that it is properly broken-in!

Should be good to go after this

Kidding me? Switch now..What is the worst to happen? More oil usage? Some fuel blow by? Unless you do UOA, they will never know a diff. Switch now and get less wear etc.

I switch all my auto's/power equipment when new to 100% synthetic.

Back to OP question, Royal Purple is a good oil, no synthetic but good.

/ Royal Purple?? #5  
sw03 said:
Kidding me? Switch now..What is the worst to happen? More oil usage? Some fuel blow by? Unless you do UOA, they will never know a diff. Switch now and get less wear etc.

BX2360;

Please check with your kubota dealer before you do this!

There IS a reason that conventional oil is used for break in!

A diesel needs more time than a gasoline engine for break in.

Because one person has had "luck" switching to synthetic early does not make it right!

I asked my kubota dealer/mechanic and he said minimum 200 hr service or warranty would be void if any engine problems developed

Yes Royal Purple is good synthetic I have switched all oil in my '06 Sierra and am very pleased

/ Royal Purple?? #6  

because it will not break in as quick(if ever). as example, I put a new turbo on my truck and had RP in the engine, the turbo took 25K+ mi. to break in. In my case, the shaft seal in the turbo leaked on the exhaust side until it was broken in. with normal oil it would have been broke in in about 1K mi.
If you don't run the break in oil long enough, you will use oil and/or not develop full compression in the engine. oil usage and low compression(blowby) are NOT something that you want, both of these conditions hurt fuel economy and longetivity of the engine!
RP IS a full synthetic oil. in fact, IIRC is a PAO(the best) based synthetic. the only thing that could be considered bad/good is that RP has alot of Zinc in it and some have had issues with the zinc.

/ Royal Purple?? #7  

Redline oil recommends that you not use their oil until your motor is broken in. Maybe Amsoil is more abrasive and helps the break in process work quicker, their propoganda would say otherwise.

/ Royal Purple?? #8  
Many new vehicles come from the factory with synthetic oil. My Nissan Titan had Valvoline Syntech and our BMW had Mobil 1.

Chris

/ Royal Purple?? #9  
I know that new manufacturing processes make gas engines break in process pretty irrelevant these days. I am not sure / doubtful the same is for diesel. Anyone know if there is a diesel being shipped with synthetic new?

/ Royal Purple?? #10  

What do you mean not a synthetic! :confused:

Royal Purple Performance Lubricants