K&N oil filter and air filter ???

/ K&N oil filter and air filter ??? #11  
Even if they made one to fit, I wouldn't consider it in the dusty conditions tractors run in. I ran a KN in my Dodge diesel for a several thousand miles and the only difference I noticed was it was louder. After reading of engines being dusted and that Cummins would not warrantee an engine with a KN on it, I switched back to a paper filter. Ever hold a KN up to a light? Pretty obvious why they flow more air.

Kim

/ K&N oil filter and air filter ??? #12  
Did you over oil the filter? I only use K&N in my bikes for the last 20 years and work just fine. I know I use Amsoil foam airfilters (back in the day) and silicone where high from over using too much oil.

I now use Amsoil EaA air filters and so far UOA's are fine.

But the Powerchokes (and prior) are not easy on oil.

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, I followed the directions on the clean and re-oil kit.

/ K&N oil filter and air filter ??? #13  
Even if they made one to fit, I wouldn't consider it in the dusty conditions tractors run in. I ran a KN in my Dodge diesel for a several thousand miles and the only difference I noticed was it was louder. After reading of engines being dusted and that Cummins would not warrantee an engine with a KN on it, I switched back to a paper filter. Ever hold a KN up to a light? Pretty obvious why they flow more air.

Kim

I'm sorry, but the miniscule power gains are not worth the $ for an engine or turbo replacement. Just use what the manufacturer recommends and you will be safe.