Anyone using Mobilfluid 424?

/ Anyone using Mobilfluid 424? #1  

nelsond7004

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear
Hi All,

What are your thoughts on Mobil fluid 424 hydraulic/transmission fluid? I am prepping to do my 200 hour service on my Mahindra 2816 and I am considering this fluid. I have never heard anything negative about it. My tractor's owners manual lists 424 as one of the recommended fluids and I can get my hands on it quickly from the local Caterpillar dealer.

Thanks
-Nelson

/ Anyone using Mobilfluid 424? #2  
I like 424 better than JD Hyguard. I had problems with hyguard getting air bubbles in it on the farmtrac 80. Switched to 424 and no more bubbles. I also use it in the Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100. I've been very pleased with 424.

/ Anyone using Mobilfluid 424? #3  
I run Cat MTO which is Mobilfluid 424 in my Kubota with no problem.

/ Anyone using Mobilfluid 424?
Well I went ahead today and bought two buckets of 424. Paid $58 per bucket at the Caterpillar place. Looking forward to doing the Tractor service this weekend.

/ Anyone using Mobilfluid 424? #5  
I use Mobilfluid 424 in my 8N for trans/hyd/rear axle fluid. Nothing bad to say here. Philip.

/ Anyone using Mobilfluid 424? #6  
Yep, It's what I use. I get it in 5 gallon buckets from the local Exxon-Mobile jobber.

/ Anyone using Mobilfluid 424?
Glad to hear several folks use this fluid and like it. I haven't been able to run the tractor much since I filled it with 424 this weekend, but it does seem my hydraulics are some what faster than the factory fluid from Mahindra. I am just happy to have stumbled upon a good fluid at a good price from a large distributor in the area. Now my that my account is setup I will be paying them more visits.