Ford 3600

/ Ford 3600 #1  

Howard1

Tractor
Kubota B2920
An embarrassing question to have to ask but here goes. I bought an older ford diesel 3600. It is probably about a pint or more low on oil. The dip stick and oil filter is on the left side of the motor but I have looked everywhere I know to look and don't know where the oil cap is located to pour in more oil. The top of the valve cover has a vent pipe in it but not cap. any help will be appreciated.

/ Ford 3600 #2  
An embarrassing question to have to ask but here goes. I bought an older ford diesel 3600. It is probably about a pint or more low on oil. The dip stick and oil filter is on the left side of the motor but I have looked everywhere I know to look and don't know where the oil cap is located to pour in more oil. The top of the valve cover has a vent pipe in it but not cap. any help will be appreciated.

if a true 3600 the oil filler cap is located on the timing cover right in front of the injection pump if a 3000 it is locate on top of the valve cover

/ Ford 3600 #3  
   / Ford 3600
Thanks for the help. I had found that cap but looked like the injection pump was fastened to the side of where the oil would go in and i was afraid that might not be it. This cap on mine has a little handle that unscrews from the top of that cap and there is a rubber seal under the cap. Appears to be in the very same location as the red cap your post was showing

/ Ford 3600 #5  
Thanks for the help. I had found that cap but looked like the injection pump was fastened to the side of where the oil would go in and i was afraid that might not be it. This cap on mine has a little handle that unscrews from the top of that cap and there is a rubber seal under the cap. Appears to be in the very same location as the red cap your post was showing

That would be it. I just thought the picture would help, since that filler cap was painted red. (maybe the owner couldn't find his either) :D

/ Ford 3600
Thanks a lot, was a great help, appreciate it.

/ Ford 3600 #7  
ps.. time to order a set of manuals for that machine. lots of good info in there.. and they are fairly inexpensive... good investment!