Found Oil Around Spark Plug Coil Boot

/ Found Oil Around Spark Plug Coil Boot #1  

scsims

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5525
Just changed the plugs on my wifes corrolla. Has 174K miles and on one of the cylinders the coil boot had a small amount of oil around it. Not at the top but a few inches down. It doesn't use oil over 5K oil change, at least not enough to notice.

Does this indicate a problem?????

/ Found Oil Around Spark Plug Coil Boot #2  
Does the plug go down through the valve cover. I was driving my wifes 01 Ranger a few months ago. I got some gas one night and THe next day I thought it was the gas. It was sputtering a little and on the way to the shop it died. I hauled it back to work and was about do a tune up. I found oil on top of the plug wires. It was shorting out but its still got problems. I need to have the valv cover gasket done. I ll have to take it to the shop as its about 20 years newer than what Im used to working on lol.

/ Found Oil Around Spark Plug Coil Boot #3  
Your valve cover gasket is leaking. it dont matter if they are dual overhead cam and go through the vavle cover or on the side of the head. A leaky valve cover gasket will fill the plug wells. The one through the top of the cover are the worst as it cant over fill and runn out over time. My saturn had leaky plug hole gromments and the #1 plug well would fill up to the top of the plug and it would sit under oil, causing me to blow it out with air just to pull it ot keep the cy from filling with oil when i pulled it.