Diesel fumes

/ Diesel fumes #1  

tkm

Tractor
1026r
Has anyone ever heard of diesel fumes affecting your health to the point of headaches with small amounts of exposure, how about those with sinus problems getting major sinus attaches from diesel fumes. Thanks.

/ Diesel fumes #2  
Diesel exhaust fumes? Those should be avoided. The carbon monoxide can do more than a headache. It can kill you!

/ Diesel fumes #3  
Diesel exhaust fumes? Those should be avoided. The carbon monoxide can do more than a headache. It can kill you!

I responded to his other thread (same topic). I assumed he wasn't leaving his 1026 running in an enclosed space...

/ Diesel fumes #4  
I responded to his other thread (same topic). I assumed he wasn't leaving his 1026 running in an enclosed space...

I've never actually heard anyone commiting suicide with a diesel...Me thinks it's pretty difficult.

/ Diesel fumes #5  
Diesel fumes will make you vomit but wont kill you straight away.

It takes years of breathing in the blue smoke and fumes then your lungs get diseased like mine are and you cant walk very far and life gets very short.

/ Diesel fumes #6  
The fumes from diesel exhaust are much more harmful to you than gas fumes, one reason being because of the soot particulates. Even newer tractors that run on ULSD still put out a fair amount of visible soot in the air and on the exhaust pipe. It's only the ones that have particulate filters and/or urea injection that tend to be safer to operate. No diesel engine has completely safe exhaust fumes, but those two things greatly reduce the amount of harmful contaminants in it. Every time you breath in the exhaust it's slowly killing cells in your body, particularly in the lungs. Not trying to sound like some freak here, just stating the facts. Search it on google and you'll find the harmful effects of diesel exhaust. I love my tractor and my trucks, don't even own a gasoline powered car for that matter...but I can't stand the exhaust. I've tried various respirators to wear, mainly because I have horrible pollen allergies that get ignited from pollen and dust. This company called Respro is the best solution I have found for allergies and diesel exhaust. They make neoprene based masks that have various grades of cloth filters that you can install in the masks. I wear a Respro Techno for cutting grass and I never get sinus infections or sick from allergies or exhaust. You really can't put a price on your health.

/ Diesel fumes #7  
typically, a properly operating diesel wont hurt you when operated normally and in an outdoor environment... a diesel that isnt completely burning the fuel and/or white smoking WILL make you sick to your stomach, burn your eyes, and will irritate your respiratory system..
With that being said, my new service truck has urea injection and absolutely chokes me to death when I am near the exhaust... The control panel for the air compressor and crane/outriggers is in the right rear compartment... right by the exhaust... when its up in PTO mode, it just has such a horrible smell, nothing like diesel burning... more like scorching hot amonia..

/ Diesel fumes #8  
I can't stand diesel exhaust. Anything older than 2004-2006ish. Eyes water, throat tightens, nausea, headache. Nasty stuff.

You won't get the CO poisoning from diesel like you will a gas engine. Theres about 10 times less coming out of a diesel. However the other emissions are hard on you particularly the soot.

I will agree that when right next to the tailpipe of the new diesels, the smell is bad but 10 seconds later I still feel fine and can breathe fine. Add to that the fact that you can run it in the shop for 5 minutes and not see any haze and not smell or feel anything really, plus i do not miss the Haze the older diesels left for hours after driving them out.

/ Diesel fumes #9  
diesel fumes isnt that bad . back in the old days, we used to route the exhaust into the cab for heat during the winter. good stuff:thumbsup:

/ Diesel fumes #10  
diesel fumes isnt that bad . back in the old days, we used to route the exhaust into the cab for heat during the winter. good stuff:thumbsup:

I miss the smell of the sulfer in the old diesel....:D it just smelled like it had more power.