12 volt conversion on Ford Jubilee

/ 12 volt conversion on Ford Jubilee #1  

8n Nut

Tractor
Ford 8N, Ford Jubilee, Ford 2810
Recently bought a 53 Ford Jubilee that already had been converted to 12 Volt. Since it was a conversion the manuals do not cover the wiring diagram. It has one wire from the battery to the altenator, a wire jumper on the alternator to itself and a wire to the coil. There are no wires to the volt gauge, hence it is not working. How do I hook it up and from where. Thanks for any help I can get. 8N Nut

/ 12 volt conversion on Ford Jubilee #2  
1, you tractor came with an ammeter.. not a voltmeter. I'd need to know which you have in order to tell you what to wire up.. they wire up different.

spade plug #2 should be jumpered to the charge lug.

spade plug #1 is generally ran thru a lamp like a 194/marker lamp, to the same side of the key switch as the coil.

also.. is this using a 12v coil? or a 6v coil and a resistor? or just the old 6v coil left their cooking?

In any case.. i reccomend a napa ic14sb 12v coil and no resistor. if it already has an equivalent... you are good to go.

if it has an ammeter, and it is a 2 post styel vs loop style, it's simple.. wire alternator charge stud to one side of ammeter, wire from that same side feeding key switch... wire from that same side feeding lamps.. other side of ammeter hits hot side of start solenoid.

if a loop meter.. it may not even work.. but you run a wire thru the loop.. wire same way yhr 6v diagram shows.. think of the wire from the alt charge stud as the wire from the old vreg bat tab.

if it's a volt meter, one side is negative, thus ground.. the other side hits the switched side of the key switch.. same as coil, and same as the one feeding the lamp and #1 on the alternator..

/ 12 volt conversion on Ford Jubilee
Got off on the wrong foot with my first Thread by using the wrong forum. It is an ampmeter and has only 1i wire on it now that is to the headlight switch. Since I did not get any paperwork or schematics I do not know if the coil has been replaced but am trying to determine that now. There is a risistor under the dash with 2 wires that are not connected to anything. The old voltage regulator has been disconected and I understand that since the alternator has a built in regulator. Will try to get more info and let you know. Thanks for the patience and advice. My second Thread I got it in the right forum and appreciate your advice on the oil issue. Thanks - 8N Nut

/ 12 volt conversion on Ford Jubilee #4  
The ampmeter must have two connections one in and one out to tell you wich direction the power is going and at what rate.

/ 12 volt conversion on Ford Jubilee #5  
either way, my post will cover him.. all he has to do is just run it 1 wire at a time..