I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did.
DEWFPO said:
Unless those black plastic chair leg caps are made of HDPE (which I doubt), they likely will not hold up to gasoline well.

DEWFPO

Thanks. If they don't I will replace then. It was $1.09 for a 4 pack.

Chris

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #12  
One of my revisions involved a rubber grommet and golf tee from my accumulation of junk. That worked awhile until the rubber rotted away. It now has a stainless bolt on wheel Schrader valve. Maybe these rubber washers will hold up better in diesel.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #13  
Wait until ***** catches you and sends the gas can police out after you!
:confused3:

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #14  
The EPA should fine itself for all the gas that has gone into the environment because of their stupid cans.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #15  
The EPA should fine itself for all the gas that has gone into the environment because of their stupid cans.

Ironic isn't it:)
The law of unintended consequences

James K0UA

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #16  
Diamond I did the same thing a while back and I used a replacement rubber bumper they sell for the bottom of a cane,it's lasted years.
Brian

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #18  
A couple years ago I did the valve stem trick and I recently found some short low profile ones that I think are for golf carts. They only stick up about 5/8". The regular ones work fine too. I have 7 cans using them. Sad thing is the cans last forever but the spuots don't.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #19  
I think the caps will hold up well enough but thats just my :2cents: They are just to keep gas from sloshing out. Usually I never even cap that end because unless you are off roading and/or hauling inside a car, you may loose two drops of fuel in the bed of the pick up. Most of my gas cans, those caps are either lost or broke off:confused2:

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #20  
Here is a pic to help out.

Chris
Excellent idea! Was it an easy thing to disassemble the new style spout without breaking it? Anything particular to watch out for?

Theo