I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #31  
I remember pouring gas out of a Jerry can that just had a large opening at one end. We always used a large funnel to direct the gas into whatever we were filling. Then years later, the plastic gas cans started coming with pour spouts that made funnels unnecessary.

Now they've messed up the pour spouts with these spring loaded gizmos. I'd rather have a plain old plastic gas can with a plain cap--then I could go back to using my funnel like 40 years ago.

Thank you EPA for such progress.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #32  
No I did not read the thread from the beginning.

I shared my experiences with the folks as a public service. I have used my technique since the can's became available. No harm intended, or any intent on my part to steal your thunder. I was merely
trying to help.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #33  
here... remember the old vents? I was at Jegs racing and they sell them for their racing square jugs....

555-80217.jpg

555-80262_4.jpg

JEGS Performance Products 80217 JEGS 5-Gallon Utility Jugs

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #34  
or you can go down to your local NAPA and pick up some small radiator petcocks for about 3 bucks a piece. only down side to these is that if left out in the rain, water can collect in the cap.

40fa1882.jpg

620e6ad6.jpg

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #35  
drill a hole...insert sheet metal screw. simple and cheap.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #36  
awesome idea so when I had to buy new tires yesterday I talked the dealer out of 6 valve stems for free and it works great! Thanks!

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #37  
Funny... I have cussed the new tanks since they came out. I broke the nut/holding ring on one of my old tanks and bought a new nozzle which was off course the "improved" type. I just used the ring and threw the rest away. I really detested the new style but have never really put much thought into how to overcome it's shortcomings, now I don't have to as you guys already have. Thanks, now I don't have to be afraid of the new cans.

on another note... I really like the tall metal cans (like you used to see on the back of jeeps and whatnot) but they pour slower than molasses with the small spouts. I am pretty sure you can still buy them, does anyone have solutions for these?

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did.
Glad it works for you also.

Chris

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #39  
I'm needing a new 5 gallon Diesel fuel can and of course despise the new EPitA cans. I saw at Advance Auto Parts a Briggs and Stratton brand can with a spout/nozzle that appears to be easy to make, umm, "user friendly". Might work well along with the addition of Diamondpilot's Schrader valve.

I had the idea of using a old pre-EPA Kerosene can with a spritz of yellow paint and a Schrader valve. Mighta worked well except the Diesel fill nozzle at the gas station is about as big as the filler neck and it's iffy to fill without a spill. It'll work for "secondary" or emergency storage.

I'm inclined to go take a look at the NoSpill fuel cans-- there is a dealer for them down in Bessemer.

--Bill

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #40  
I remove the **** spout to fill the can, and I remove the spout to empty the can via funnel. Only fill the can to about 1/2 inch below the new super engineered EPA worthless spout.