Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did.

Years ago I decided to drill out the small stock hole in the vent on a plastic gas container just to see what difference it would make to the amount of time it took to empty it. This was the old style can everybody remembers and likes so much. I drilled as large as I could without getting into the threaded wall of the vent and was pleasantly surprised when it made a significant improvement. It's been so long ago I can't remember how much exactly, but it was definitely worth it. The vent cap still sealed just as good as ever too.

We can still buy the old style vented containers here in Canada!

Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

Eagle and Justrite "lifetime" metal cans are readily available, most cheaply on amazon.com...... free shipping no sales tax.

While the purchase price is twice higher than plastic cans, these are "lifetime" quality and you do not have to fool around to achieve no spill, no drip, rapid flow.

Available red, yellow, green, blue.

Be sure to specify widest diameter spout.....various diameters are available.

I have a slight preference for the Justrite design but both Justrite and Eagle are excellent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0353-jpg   -img_0349-jpg   -img_0352-jpg   -img_0348-jpg   -img_0350-jpg  

Last edited by jeff9366; 04-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540 w/ LA514 FEL, 66" QA Bucket, 48" QA Forks, 7' RB, 18" Ripper, Ferris IS2000z ZTR

I never spilled so much gas as when I was trying to use these new EPA cans. I believe this group has gotten to a point where they are passing regulations without any knowledge on what they are doing.

I got myself a few of these to fix the worthless spouts and add a vent. Check out ezpour. I also got some of the hi-flo ones.

UNIVERSAL GAS SPOUT EZ-POUR

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Quote Originally Posted by PhilY View Post
    I got myself a few of these to fix the worthless spouts and add a vent. Check out ezpour. I also got some of the hi-flo ones.

UNIVERSAL GAS SPOUT ォ EZ-POUR
    Each to their own, but I don't have much luck with those flexible spouts. It seems they always spring back and throw fuel all over the place. I do, however, like the "1/2 replacement push in vent" that comes in the kit. I wish those were available to purchase without the other items.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

so there is a kit out there. EZ-POUR

i picked up 5. They come with new nossels (with screw caps) and the kit also includes the old fashion snap in vent for your "water can only"

I had 2 diffrent cans that ive used this on. One i lost a cap for. the other the nosel plastic got old and broke in half. I added the real vents to 2 other "water" cans.
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor
    2011 Kubota L3800HST

Has anyone used the Scepter Duramax Flo-n-Go from TSC. It's expensive, but if it works it could be worth it. Looks like it would be slow to fill with the small hose.

Scepter Duramax Flo-n-Go, 14 gal. cap. - Tractor Supply Online Store

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Bump for another member.

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by cletus99 View Post
    Has anyone used the Scepter Duramax Flo-n-Go from TSC. It's expensive, but if it works it could be worth it. Looks like it would be slow to fill with the small hose.

Scepter Duramax Flo-n-Go, 14 gal. cap. - Tractor Supply Online Store
    I bought one of those and hooked it up to a 12V pump for diesel fuel. Haven't even tried the gravity-feed nozzle it came with. Raising up a 14 gallon container to allow siphoning seems like a big negative, but if you use a crank or powered pump it is not a problem to keep the tank at ground level.

Tractor
    2012 Kubota L5740, 1970 IH 2444, John Deere x485

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondpilot View Post
    I keep 30 gallons of fuel on hand and I hate the newer cans. Here is my fix. I used standard valve stems with the schrader valve removed. I drilled a 1/2" hole on empty dry fuel cans. Then with a piece of balling wire fish it though the hole drilled from the main hole. Pull it through with a valve stem took and seat it.

For the newer style can with the spring loaded fill neck I disassembled it and used some 5/8" plastic chair leg caps.

Chris
    Great idea with the tire valve stem... Learn something every day here !! Kudos

Tractor
    BX2660, RTV 900, RTV 1140 CXP, B21, KX-018-3, KX 121-4

Container Identification System. Not sure where I poached this idea but it works great for me and the people in my shop. I use 1 zip tie for gas, 2 for two-cycle abd 3 for diesel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-971803390-jpg  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast