I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #51  
kudos !!! :thumbsup: hopefully the feds will take notice and change the darn mandates on fuel cans.....

Or some chinese company will make cheap knock off old style filler necks and put em on ebay :D

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #52  
Ruralking.com has those ez pour filler spouts on sale now for 7.99.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #53  
Has anyone used the Scepter Duramax Flo-n-Go from TSC. It's expensive, but if it works it could be worth it. Looks like it would be slow to fill with the small hose.

Scepter Duramax Flo-n-Go, 14 gal. cap. - Tractor Supply Online Store

It works well-for awhile. Inevitably the spout than begins to leak. The spout is over $50. to replace from Northern Tool. The spout does not need gravity to pump, but when it starts leaking all over its either pony up the $50. or use it as a gravity feed.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #54  
It works well-for awhile. Inevitably the spout than begins to leak. The spout is over $50. to replace from Northern Tool. The spout does not need gravity to pump, but when it starts leaking all over its either pony up the $50. or use it as a gravity feed.
They are not worth the money when you can make a better one for less money.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #55  
I keep 30 gallons of fuel on hand and I hate the newer cans. Here is my fix. I used standard valve stems with the schrader valve removed. I drilled a 1/2" hole on empty dry fuel cans. Then with a piece of balling wire fish it though the hole drilled from the main hole. Pull it through with a valve stem took and seat it.

For the newer style can with the spring loaded fill neck I disassembled it and used some 5/8" plastic chair leg caps.

Chris
Fishing the valve stem through the pour spout hole to the drilled hole seems to me to be a bit problematic. Maybe it's easier than I'm imagining as it appears that a lot of you guys have done it. I want to give this a try. Am I over thinking the "fishing" part?

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #56  
Fishing the valve stem through the pour spout hole to the drilled hole seems to me to be a bit problematic. Maybe it's easier than I'm imagining as it appears that a lot of you guys have done it. I want to give this a try. Am I over thinking the "fishing" part?
Answer to my own question. Yes I was over thinking it. I tied the valve stem to one end of a string and a small nut to the other end. Put the nut into the large hole, turned the fuel can upside down until the nut came out of the 1/2 inch drilled hole and pulled the stem through. Other than dripping a few drops of diesel on my shirt, no problem. If you try this, make sure to get as much of the diesel fuel out of the container as possible before proceeding. Then you won't smell like me.

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did. #58  
I've been buying old Gerry cans off of Ebay for the past 6 months, I won't pay more than $30 with shipping, I still net a few (30+)

Screw the EPA and mostly California and their dang CARB creation that spills more gas than it prevents from being spilt. And who cares if it's child proof, I lived thru sucking gas into my lungs, they can too, survival of the fittest.

Rancher

/ I hate new fuel cans so here is what I did.

I can do it in 15 seconds with a piece of stiff wire. Feed the wire through the small drilled hole to the big one.

Chris