Where can you buy "off-road" diesel?

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #1  

STROIL

Tractor
Ford 8n, case 1840 skidsteer, brushcat, vermeer backhoe attchment, 72" smooth bucket, 60" toothed bucket, KK 5 foot BB
I have a case 1840 skidsteer diesel that I use on my property. I've had it for about 4 years, and have only used highway diesel fuel that I buy at truckstops on the way to my property. I've heard about "off-road" diesel fuel that costs less than highway diesel, but I have not been able to find any place that sells it. Is it only available by having it delivered to farms with their own storage tanks? I'd appreciate a little education on the subject. Thanks in advance!

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #2  
Contract your local, heating and fuel oil distributor,they can help you out. . . .John

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #3  
off road diesel is avail at the gas station a half mile from me....maybe only in farm areas?

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #4  
call your tractor dealer in your area. They can steer you in the right direction.
david

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #5  
In KY you can get it at Southern States (a Farm supply store) and most bulk fuel dealers which are the ones that deliver to your home or farm.

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #6  
What I have run into lately in Tennessee is the farm stores refusing to sell it to you unless you have tax exempt status. Never ever remember that being requirement to purchase "off-road" diesel for "off-road" equipment.

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #7  
What I have run into lately in Tennessee is the farm stores refusing to sell it to you unless you have tax exempt status.
1*Never ever remember that being requirement to purchase "off-road" diesel for "off-road" equipment.
It's still not . They are playing vigilante.

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #8  
It's still not . They are playing vigilante.

You say you buy it now at truckstops; the bigger truckstops HAVE seperate pumps for "off road"diesel, used in reefer trailers. Ther than that, all the earlier suggestions are good; I don't have storage, butut my local oil dealer comes when I call, fills my 2 tractors directly and then whatever jugs I have (today's delivery was 34 gals)

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #9  
You say you buy it now at truckstops; the bigger truckstops HAVE seperate pumps for "off road"diesel, used in reefer trailers. Ther than that, all the earlier suggestions are good; I don't have storage, butut my local oil dealer comes when I call, fills my 2 tractors directly and then whatever jugs I have (today's delivery was 34 gals)

No local truckstops around me have off road, have asked several. You are lucky, I have two local gas dealers that deliver off road fuel but one has a 100 gal min, the other 150 gal min. Both charge a fuel surcharge to deliever, if you buy a lot of fuel, like a farm with a 1000 gal tank it is not much of the overall price but 100 gals it is it would be a 25% extra charge. Oh well.

/ Where can you buy "off-road" diesel? #10  
Around here all county vehicles,school buses,ambulances etc that operate on diesel have a special permit to use it on-road(Collier County FLA).
They also sell it in rural area fuel stations along with aircraft fuel(Dade County) for those that run aircraft engines in their air-boats.

Boone