Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Ford 8n, case 1840 skidsteer, brushcat, vermeer backhoe attchment, 72" smooth bucket, 60" toothed bucket, KK 5 foot BB

Default Where can you buy "off-road" diesel?

I have a case 1840 skidsteer diesel that I use on my property. I've had it for about 4 years, and have only used highway diesel fuel that I buy at truckstops on the way to my property. I've heard about "off-road" diesel fuel that costs less than highway diesel, but I have not been able to find any place that sells it. Is it only available by having it delivered to farms with their own storage tanks? I'd appreciate a little education on the subject. Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST

Default Re: Where can you buy "off-road" diesel?

Contract your local, heating and fuel oil distributor,they can help you out. . . .John
    Lord, Help me to be the man my dog thinks i am . . .John. Mahindra 2810HST, 108H loader with Quick tach buckets and forks. Kioti DK35SE HST with loader, Hyd. top link and second set of rear remotes, 60" and 66" buckets, Kubota 900 RTV and a bunch of other good stuff
    Buy more equipment, It makes life easier.!

Tractor
    MF 1643

off road diesel is avail at the gas station a half mile from me....maybe only in farm areas?
    Proverbs 31:6-7
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my kudzu thinks I am.

Tractor
    MF 1643

call your tractor dealer in your area. They can steer you in the right direction.
    david

Tractor
    MF-230

In KY you can get it at Southern States (a Farm supply store) and most bulk fuel dealers which are the ones that deliver to your home or farm.

Tractor
    Kubota B2710HSD (hers) and L45 (mine), RTV1100 (mostly hers, but I get to drive it sometimes)

What I have run into lately in Tennessee is the farm stores refusing to sell it to you unless you have tax exempt status. Never ever remember that being requirement to purchase "off-road" diesel for "off-road" equipment.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by KubotaToy View Post
    What I have run into lately in Tennessee is the farm stores refusing to sell it to you unless you have tax exempt status.
    1*Never ever remember that being requirement to purchase "off-road" diesel for "off-road" equipment.
    It's still not . They are playing vigilante.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Silver Member
    Tractor
    new holland and a ford

Quote Originally Posted by LBrown59 View Post
    It's still not . They are playing vigilante.
    You say you buy it now at truckstops; the bigger truckstops HAVE seperate pumps for "off road"diesel, used in reefer trailers. Ther than that, all the earlier suggestions are good; I don't have storage, butut my local oil dealer comes when I call, fills my 2 tractors directly and then whatever jugs I have (today's delivery was 34 gals)

Tractor
    Kubota B2710HSD (hers) and L45 (mine), RTV1100 (mostly hers, but I get to drive it sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by big lar View Post
    You say you buy it now at truckstops; the bigger truckstops HAVE seperate pumps for "off road"diesel, used in reefer trailers. Ther than that, all the earlier suggestions are good; I don't have storage, butut my local oil dealer comes when I call, fills my 2 tractors directly and then whatever jugs I have (today's delivery was 34 gals)
    No local truckstops around me have off road, have asked several. You are lucky, I have two local gas dealers that deliver off road fuel but one has a 100 gal min, the other 150 gal min. Both charge a fuel surcharge to deliever, if you buy a lot of fuel, like a farm with a 1000 gal tank it is not much of the overall price but 100 gals it is it would be a 25% extra charge. Oh well.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 DT,John Deere GT 235,JD GENERATOR AC-G8010S-E

Around here all county vehicles,school buses,ambulances etc that operate on diesel have a special permit to use it on-road(Collier County FLA).
    They also sell it in rural area fuel stations along with aircraft fuel(Dade County) for those that run aircraft engines in their air-boats.

Boone
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast