Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040, F3680, JD Gator 855D

Default Re: I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted)

I have a 12v diesel pump that I pump from my truck to mower and UTV. It has a simply off/on switch. It seems similiar to ones I see in pictures on the thread. I do not have a hand nozzle as many on this thread have and would like to get one. I assume those nozzles have nothing to do with the pump running, and when you shut off the nozzle the pump is running trying to push diesel...but can't? I have concerns of that being hard on the pump. But I need to do something about a nozzle.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
    I have a 12v diesel pump that I pump from my truck to mower and UTV. It has a simply off/on switch. It seems similiar to ones I see in pictures on the thread. I do not have a hand nozzle as many on this thread have and would like to get one,

I assume those nozzles have nothing to do with the pump running, and when you shut off the nozzle the pump is running trying to push diesel...but can't? I have concerns of that being hard on the pump.

I have been using a nozzle that works like that since 2008.
    No damage to pump or nozzle in that time.
    Last edited by LBrown59; 10-20-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Maid a mistook !
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
    I have a 12v diesel pump that I pump from my truck to mower and UTV. It has a simply off/on switch. It seems similiar to ones I see in pictures on the thread. I do not have a hand nozzle as many on this thread have and would like to get one. I assume those nozzles have nothing to do with the pump running, and when you shut off the nozzle the pump is running trying to push diesel...but can't? I have concerns of that being hard on the pump. But I need to do something about a nozzle.
    The pump I have I bought at HF and it has a relief valve that bypasses when you stop filling with the nozzle valve. It will not hurt the pump if it is designed with the relief.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    none

Sorry to resurrect such an old post, I was wondering, LBrown59, could you point me to some detailed pictures of your vent setup? I see a short pipe and two 90s, what's on the very end? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LBrown59 View Post

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Quote Originally Posted by HoHum View Post
    Sorry to resurrect such an old post, I was wondering, LBrown59, could you point me to some detailed pictures of your vent setup? I see a short pipe and two 90s, what's on the very end? Thank you.
    LBrown59 has not posted since 11/12/2013, so odds are he won't be replying.

Tractor
    John Deere 820 utility, John Deere 5525, 997 JD Zmower, Komatsu PC 35 miniExcavator

the 12v at tractor supply work fine. I am not aware of any that turn off the motor automatically. many do offer the pump handle that shuts off when tank is full.
    We have several and have had good luck with the Tuthill brand.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I have the Fillrite pump and while I don't let it run for minutes at a time with it in by-pass mode, I don't think it hurts them to run for a while with the nozzle closed. I turn mine on (12volt), drag the hose over to the tractor, take off the fuel cap and start pumping. When I stop, I put back the fuel cap, walk back the 15 feet or so to the tank and shut off the pump. I have been doing that for over 5 years and don't know how long the previous owner used it but I have not had any issues with the pump.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by HoHum View Post
    Looks like a brass vent plug, there are several different styles.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -5pcs-font-b-sintered-b   -52-859-jpg  
    Hold "Ctrl" (Control) and click on a picture or a Link, to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ml#post3243370

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345