I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted)

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #41  
I have a 12v diesel pump that I pump from my truck to mower and UTV. It has a simply off/on switch. It seems similiar to ones I see in pictures on the thread. I do not have a hand nozzle as many on this thread have and would like to get one. I assume those nozzles have nothing to do with the pump running, and when you shut off the nozzle the pump is running trying to push diesel...but can't? I have concerns of that being hard on the pump. But I need to do something about a nozzle.

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #42  
I have a 12v diesel pump that I pump from my truck to mower and UTV. It has a simply off/on switch. It seems similiar to ones I see in pictures on the thread. I do not have a hand nozzle as many on this thread have and would like to get one,

I assume those nozzles have nothing to do with the pump running, and when you shut off the nozzle the pump is running trying to push diesel...but can't? I have concerns of that being hard on the pump.

I have been using a nozzle that works like that since 2008.
No damage to pump or nozzle in that time.

Last edited:
   / I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #43  
I have a 12v diesel pump that I pump from my truck to mower and UTV. It has a simply off/on switch. It seems similiar to ones I see in pictures on the thread. I do not have a hand nozzle as many on this thread have and would like to get one. I assume those nozzles have nothing to do with the pump running, and when you shut off the nozzle the pump is running trying to push diesel...but can't? I have concerns of that being hard on the pump. But I need to do something about a nozzle.
The pump I have I bought at HF and it has a relief valve that bypasses when you stop filling with the nozzle valve. It will not hurt the pump if it is designed with the relief.

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #44  
Sorry to resurrect such an old post, I was wondering, LBrown59, could you point me to some detailed pictures of your vent setup? I see a short pipe and two 90s, what's on the very end? Thank you.

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #45  
Sorry to resurrect such an old post, I was wondering, LBrown59, could you point me to some detailed pictures of your vent setup? I see a short pipe and two 90s, what's on the very end? Thank you.

LBrown59 has not posted since 11/12/2013, so odds are he won't be replying. :(

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #46  
the 12v at tractor supply work fine. I am not aware of any that turn off the motor automatically. many do offer the pump handle that shuts off when tank is full.
We have several and have had good luck with the Tuthill brand.

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #47  
I have the Fillrite pump and while I don't let it run for minutes at a time with it in by-pass mode, I don't think it hurts them to run for a while with the nozzle closed. I turn mine on (12volt), drag the hose over to the tractor, take off the fuel cap and start pumping. When I stop, I put back the fuel cap, walk back the 15 feet or so to the tank and shut off the pump. I have been doing that for over 5 years and don't know how long the previous owner used it but I have not had any issues with the pump.

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #48  
Looks like a brass vent plug, there are several different styles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5Pcs-font-b-Sintered-b-font-font-b-Brass-b-font-Pneumatic-Noise-Silencer-Muffler-.jpg
    5Pcs-font-b-Sintered-b-font-font-b-Brass-b-font-Pneumatic-Noise-Silencer-Muffler-.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 52-859.jpg
    52-859.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,207
   / I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #49  
Looks like a brass vent plug, there are several different styles.

430149-i-need-diesel-transfer-tank-5pcs-font-b-sintered-b

430150-i-need-diesel-transfer-tank-52-859-jpg

Where can I find these vent Looking for an online supplier as I need a few 1/2 & 3/4 inch NPT for some of my equipt Thanks in advance..........bill

/ I need a diesel transfer tank (opinions wanted) #50  
I lust bought a 36 gallon vertical rectangular tank from Northern tool. I'll probably mount mine in my flatbed, but it could just as easily be mounted to a steel frame with fork pockets. I already have a 12V pump with filter that a neighbor gave me.