Call me STUPID!!

/ Call me STUPID!! #1  

fishrman

Silver Member
I have a TT45A I bought about 2 years ago. My son has been operating it mowing and moving snow in the winter. For some stupid reason, when I read the manual, I thought it said to change the oil every 100 hours and did not catch the part about changing it after the first 50 hours. I have had him keep an eye on the oil level and he tells me the oil level is consistent but now that it has close to 100 hours on it, I am afraid I may have hurt its overall life. What is your opinion on this? Also, I note it wants me to change the oil, fuel and hydraulic filter. Haven't hooked up any hydraulic equipment to it yet so would I still need to change the hydraulic filter? Is there an online store you would suggest to buy these filters? My closest dealer is 40 miles away and they really don't seem very knowledgeable about what filters are necessary etc. Strange but true!
THanks for the help.

/ Call me STUPID!! #2  
In many cases, there are some metal shavings in the hydraulic system from when they built the machine, so yes, I'd change the hydraulic filter.

/ Call me STUPID!! #3  
Service everything now called for at 50 and 100 hours. Then change the oil every 100 as called for. The reason for changing all filters at the first fifty hours is to catch and get rid of any metal or other particulate matter that occurs during manufacturing the machine. I would not lose sleep over it. Your local auto parts may have the tables to convert NH part numbers to commercial brands.

/ Call me STUPID!!
Thanks for the help guys! Guess I was in a hurry the first time I read the manual relative to the 50 hours!

/ Call me STUPID!! #5  
I would also do the 50 hour service and move on. As a thought, I would use OEM filters and fluid for this service. It is still under warranty and why take a chance in creating a potential problem with any future warranty claim? It would be cheap insurance.

/ Call me STUPID!!
I would also do the 50 hour service and move on. As a thought, I would use OEM filters and fluid for this service. It is still under warranty and why take a chance in creating a potential problem with any future warranty claim? It would be cheap insurance.

Seriously? I had no idea it would still be under warranty.

/ Call me STUPID!! #7  
Compare the prices from the local store and the dealer.

I have a JD and I can get JD filters mailed from the dealer, cheaper than I can get them from a local supplier. What is nice about getting the filters in the mail is that I don't have to waste a trip and find out the filter is not in stock, I don't have to make the trip, and it is cheaper. :laughing: I get the fuel and oil filter for my Ford from JD as well. Cheaper than the auto's stores and the JD dealer has the filters in stock. It used to take me multiple stops at different parts stores to get the filters for my truck! It was a popular truck engine but the three or four stores I would visit, have to visit, would always be out of stock. Now, I just have JD send it to me. Usually if I call or email on Monday, I have the parts on Wednesday. :thumbsup: Sure beats me having to stop at even one store.

You need to do the 50 and 100 hour service.

Later,
Dan

/ Call me STUPID!! #8  
Good advice. Just do everything listed for 50 and 100 hrs. If you are only putting 50 hrs per year on the machine, you really don't need to worry much about shortening its lifespan.
Note that if you have an FEL, you HAVE used a hydraulic implement.
BOB

/ Call me STUPID!!
Good advice. Just do everything listed for 50 and 100 hrs. If you are only putting 50 hrs per year on the machine, you really don't need to worry much about shortening its lifespan.
Note that if you have an FEL, you HAVE used a hydraulic implement.
BOB

Remember, I am stupid, what is FEL? Also, I spoke to a good friend of mine who is a John Deere nut. Everything Deere for him. Anyway, he told me just using the power steering is enough to warrant changing the hydraulic filter. Never even thought about that. Thanks!

/ Call me STUPID!! #10  
fishrman said:
Remember, I am stupid, what is FEL? Also, I spoke to a good friend of mine who is a John Deere nut. Everything Deere for him. Anyway, he told me just using the power steering is enough to warrant changing the hydraulic filter. Never even thought about that. Thanks!

U r new. Not stupid. FEL ... Front End Loader