How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change?

/ How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change? #1  

GMARTINEZFUSTER

Tractor
Ford 5000

Hello everyone!

As u can see I'm new to TBN as well as the whole tractor world. I purchased from Craigslist a Mitsubishi D1500 (KE80) 2 Cyl Engine for $1,100.

It works flawlessly, engine cranks perfectly, hydraulics and PTO as well. An as u can see by the picture, it was well kept in terms of body. I'm a new-tractor owner and would appreciate any advice regarding the one I have or any similar tractor that has practically the same engine and characteristics.

I bought Valvoline 15W40 1Gallon with the Napa 1334 oil filter on Autozone for $17 combined. I don't know how much oil my little tractor needs and would like for anyone who's kind enough to help me with it. Also I can't seem to find any information regarding my model tractor as for HP.

Gladly appreciate any help! God Bless

-Jerry

Attachments

• mitsu tractor.jpg
    mitsu tractor.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 901
   / How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change? #2  
If its like any of the other 2cyl mitsubishi engines its around 15 hp. Put 3 quarts in it and check the dipstick, add until its in the operating range. Start it up. Shut it down and check the level. Add till full. Probly around 4 total.

Chuck

/ How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change?
If its like any of the other 2cyl mitsubishi engines its around 15 hp. Put 3 quarts in it and check the dipstick, add until its in the operating range. Start it up. Shut it down and check the level. Add till full. Probly around 4 total.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck! Since this is gray-market tractor, and early model as well its pretty hard to know engine specs and tractor operating details. A guy that sells manuals told that the closest Mitsu US model would be the Mitsu S630 Bull. It looks the same but I'm not sure if it is the same engine or if it has the same control levers as mine.

-Jerry

/ How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change? #4  
Most of the yanmars of that size i think are 5 gts. You can put 4 in them and still be inthe range but they hold 5. Yours im not sure but most of the jap tractors of that age are similar. Nice tractor, it must have been repainted as the Mitsu's are blue????

Maybe its a VN refurb? But you did good on the price!! Bet its worth 2x that much. Yes it will be 15 HP at the PTO and it will be closer to 18-19 engine HP which is the way the american tractors are measured. japaneese tractors go by PTO HP as they rarely pull anything and are used to till.

/ How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change? #5  
Did you put armorall on the tires????

There gonna get dusty super fast now, haha.

/ How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change?
haha yes for pictures purposes so that my mom could really see it shine haha. now its powerwashed and ready for some bush hogging. yes it was repainted but aside from that everything is oem. it took exactly 4 qts of oil. on thursday im gonna be a the farm bush hogging and will post some pics, maybe even shoot a lil vid for youtube haha.

sorry for the delay in replying--been having internet problems down here.

/ How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change? #7  
Hello.
I live in Beach City Texas and own 8 Acres of land. My wife and I inherited the land and the D1500 which I have named little blue. I have a D1500 also and I have spent sometime on the web looking for Manuels and Specs since none came with it. I must say that the Tractor is a tough one!!!! The land was grown over with about 2 to 3 foot of grass and weeds some small trees and now after a year i have about 6 acres that we can mower with the zero radius mower. It really has been a bull when it comes to bush hogging. The only problem I seem to be having is the PTO shifter is stuck in gear and wont disengage. Can anyone help me on this????????????????????
I plan on repainting Little Blue in Feburary and will keep as long as possible. Hope to hear from you soon thanks for your time.
Shane Newby

/ How much oil for a 2 Cyl Mitsu engine oil change? #8  
I would post this problem in its own thread in the mitsubishi forum.

Mitsubishi/Satoh

It will help your results.