Eagle vs Jusrite gas cans

/ Eagle vs Jusrite gas cans #1  

NHSawyer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet/Yanmar LX410
Hi Folks,
I need a new 5 gallon gas can and I have narrowed it down to Eagle or Justrite.

Eagle:
Amazon.com: Eagle U2-51-S Red Galvanized Steel Type II Gas Safety Can with 7/8" Flex Spout, 5 gallon Capacity, 13.5" Height, 12.5" Diameter: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Justrite:
Justrite AccuFlow 7250130 Type II Galvanized Steel Safety Can with 1" Flexible Spout,5 Gallons Capacity,Red: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I was sort of leaning toward the Eagle but several of the reviews commneted that the handle that you grip to allow the fuel to pour requires large hands. I have small hands. When I look at the pictures I can see where it may be an issue because the grip seems be toward the back of the can.

The Justrite seemed like a good alternative but then I read that the cans some people got leak fuel through the ribs of the flex stem.

Sooo does anybody own these cans or have experience with them and can you shed some light on them.

Thanks in advance

/ Eagle vs Jusrite gas cans #2  
I have one of each.

I slightly prefer the Justrite can.

The Justrite is a little more robust than the Eagle can and Justrite spout is considerably greater inner diameter than the Eagle spout. My Justrite can is yellow for diesel and when I fuel the tractor I do not want to hold up the full can longer than necessary; the Justrite empties noticeably faster than the Eagle. I have not experienced any fuel leaks from any part of either the Justrite nor Eagle cans.

Be careful when ordering to specify the spout inner diameter you want. More than one diameter spout is offered.
For me, the largest diameter spout is the most effeicient.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/246010-best-diesel-5-gal-fuel-2.html

Attachments

• IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 792
Last edited: