Injection Cleaner for Tractors?

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
Fuel Injection Cleaner for Tractors? What do you guys use and how often?:confused:

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #4  
i use power service all year when i think about it. Will raise the Cetane and seems to quite up the deisel knock that my yanmar 2cy produces. Some may call it snake oil not needed blah blah. But with the low lubricity of our fuel nowadays it helps restore some of that back as well and at least to me quiet the motor up a bit. Now for those of you who say im wasting my money or what ever i usually use one of the smaller bottles a year, and that is doubling the labled dose each time. I probly dont use 25 gallons of fuel a year so its not that big a deal for me. It means im spending like $7 extra a year. I can run for most of 2 days on a 5 gallon tank of fuel. AHHH the benefits of a smaller efficient yanmar!!

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #5  
yep.. i use white or silver bottle ps pretty much year round..

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #6  
I use Howes Fuel Treatment, Probably just as good as Power Service. Engines run clean and no startiing problems in the winter.

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #7  
I use Power Service white bottle year round, due to cold temps in the winter.

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #8  
I dont use anything and have no starting problems either. I did recently start putting in some Stabil for Diesel in my bulk tank since it takes about a year to run it out. I had no problems prior to using it, but its one of those preventative things I suppose just like PS or other fuel treatment. You never know if it works but if it doesnt work you know, but if it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling maybe it is worth the money spent. All of my diesel engines are designed to run on ULSD except my old 332 JD lawnmower. It seems to work just fine on it also as did the Yanmar 4220 that I had for 4 years running straight diesel with no additives.

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #9  
I worked on Class eights that had over a million miles on them never had an injector problem. In the last ten years, the only fuel system problem that I ever saw wasfrom people using the wrong filters, or the improper filters on a system contaminated with water.
The myth that the newer fuel has less lubricity is 100% BS, there are additives added. If removing the sulfur was so bad, then adding a few rocks to you tank should work.
Removing the sulphur cut down on the valves burnt, turbo,s damaged, liners scored, nothing else. Big companies do not add anything to the fuel.

/ Injection Cleaner for Tractors? #10  
I worked on Class eights that had over a million miles on them never had an injector problem. In the last ten years, the only fuel system problem that I ever saw wasfrom people using the wrong filters, or the improper filters on a system contaminated with water.
The myth that the newer fuel has less lubricity is 100% BS, there are additives added. If removing the sulfur was so bad, then adding a few rocks to you tank should work.
Removing the sulphur cut down on the valves burnt, turbo,s damaged, liners scored, nothing else. Big companies do not add anything to the fuel.

that post is rife with small but important technical errors....