Removing ethanol from gasoline

/ Removing ethanol from gasoline #51  
Here in southern Indiana an ethanol plant 90% complete was scrapped when this took place. The government still mandates its use. I think it is more expensive to make a gallon of ethanol vs a gallon of gas but could be wrong. Fortunately we have two local stations that sell pure gas for all my carbureted engines including my boat, motorcycles, two cycle equip., etc. I have cleaned out too many aluminum carbs and now just don't risk it.

Several never got built when the subsidies ending was announced. And it still takes more fuel to produce ethanol than you get out of it. Last I heard was 12 gallons to 1.

/ Removing ethanol from gasoline #52  
The higher octane number the slower the gasoline burns. If you used high octane gas in old (pre-electronic) engines designed for lower octane gas you would burn the exhaust valves. New engines have sensors that adjust the advance for various gasoline so there is less danger to do so.

Thats Backwards..

/ Removing ethanol from gasoline #53  
Every single time I broke down and tried Stabil, I screwed up the carb. I find its crap. I just leave the gas tanks near full and let them sit. Start up first time every time, even after sitting all winter.
I use marine grade stabil(purple color)or star-brite products.I had great success with both as far as removel of enthanol.coobie

/ Removing ethanol from gasoline #54  
Where do I start? My ethanol woes are many, and varied. We used to get 48 mpg on my wife's Prius. Now we are lucky to get 42 or 43. My little truck went from 27mpg to 25. My two riding mowers, Lawn King and Husqvarna, both had all their gas lines just dissolve. They say the new gas lines are safe. Time will tell. I just trashed two push mowers and bought a new one. Carb jobs and new lines on both riders, a Johnsred chainsaw, old Solo weedeater, newer Troybilt weedeat with chainsaw trimmer. I'm sure when I go to use other things around the house that have sat for a while, there will be more added to the list. My handyman is a pretty good small engine mechanic. I have him on retainer.

I do use the Stabil products. I have found the newer one made for ethanol works better than the older mix.

Here in Bountstown Fl there is one place that sells pure gas. They are a bait shop, and sell gas for boaters mainly. But it is quite a bit higher priced. I just buy the other and add Stabil.

/ Removing ethanol from gasoline #55  
Hi fellows
in canada high test gas does not have ethanol in it so just buy high test
you can easily test for ethanol