Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Default Re: VP Fuels "SEF" cost

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Rabon View Post
    Chris:
    Thanks for the update, as you should know. I considered using 100 LL in my Kohler V-Twin but I found a supply of 100% gas. No telling when that supply will disappear. I hate using E-10 in small engines. The small engine repair shops just love it for the $$$$$ they make on carbs and cleaning. When 100% gas disappears, I probably will give 100 LL a try. My information came from research on the "NET". I also read newspapers and learned not to believe that horse****, so I don't know why I believed what I read.
    Thanks Again
    Leo

Well Leo, I am just another guy on the net. To be honest I have not flown a piston powered airplane for a living since 1997. Since then its been entirely jets. I have flown a few for fun here in there but its been only about 20 flight hours since then so its been very little.

You are lucky you can get real gas. Here in Indiana its law that all gas must be 10% ethanol and all diesel must have 5% bio. The diesel with bio has not been a issue but the gas sure has. For a long time I was able to get real gas at the marina but now they say its not available from the supplier so they now only sell 89 and 93 octane with E10 also.

Chris

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Default Re: VP Fuels "SEF" cost

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Canute View Post
    Just check my state. The closest place listed is a Marina but I know for a fact that they have E10 for at least the last 4 years so the list is way out of date. As a matter of fact, there are 4-5 marinas that I see that I know do not have it anymore. The next closest place to my house is about 2:15 away.

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12