stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #21  
I have starting using PRI and find it much better...With Stabil after 1 year about 1/2 to 3/4 gallon is gone when stored in five gallon plastic jugs...Friend that does pipeline work says the gas breaks down and the molecules go right thru the plastic....It is much less with the PRI...I'm buying old propane cyls and remove the fill valve..put in 4 gallon of gas and PRI and cap with a 3/4" black iron plug sealed with Loctite 510...After 1 years there has been no loss...Max vapor pressure seems to be only 17 lbs.. I burn the gas after 2 years and put in fresh stuff.....I know, lots to do, but it keeps me out of bars....

I have done larger propane tank and have put an Atmosphere of N2 on top.... these are stored at a max temp of 90 degrees...

Look here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/157508-storing-gas-propane-tank-4.html

These are stored in a shipping container buried back in a hill...Might come in handy some day....Charlie

Ditto on the PRI. They have excellent products for gas and diesel that is stored. That is all I have used for years for any fuel that sits for more than 30 days.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #22  
Every time I buy gas that goes into a can, as opposed too directly into the gas tank of a car or pickup, I put a double dose of Red Stabil into the can before I fill it. I almost always use non-ethanol gas.

This mixes it with the gas as it comes into the tank, and it has never failed me. I try to put up my equipment full, but a lot of times I just use use it and put it away until I need it again, sometimes over a year. The double dose of Stabil has always worked.

Many friends do not use Stabil and have had all sorts of carb problems.

I never allow anyone else to "do me a favor" and fill my gas can. 100% of the time they will not put the Stabil in and sometimes they lie about it...

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #23  
I buy a lot of chainsaws /weed eaters / concrete saws from the local pawn shops ,they take in these items and then they sit for months frequently melting the in tank fuel lines from ethanol, usually an easy fix and bought cheap because they don't fix non running equipment it's cheaper to sell at or below cost to get rid of them !:thumbsup:

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #24  
I buy a lot of chainsaws /weed eaters / concrete saws from the local pawn shops ,they take in these items and then they sit for months frequently melting the in tank fuel lines from ethanol, usually an easy fix and bought cheap because they don't fix non running equipment it's cheaper to sell at or below cost to get rid of them !:thumbsup:

I have done ZERO with Billygoat blowers, Echo weed whackers and shindaiwa 630 blowers at end of the season. Works just fine for years. Luck? overblown issues? No clue.

I have usee TCW3 oil for about 5 years in all my engines..great UCL too.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #25  
Why not get something going to get rid of burning wood in vehicles or grain and get back to the gas with out any of that added to it. One reason only. BIG GOVERNMENT CONTROLLING. I has cost farmers who don't know multi $'s and my dad is one of them until I had to work on his saw and mower,,,,,,,,,,,then I got Sta-Bil and he hasn't had any trouble since. By the way he is 97 and a vet.

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #26  
There is a general belief around here that Stabil Marine preservative is better than regular Stabil. Anyone know about this?

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #27  
There is a general belief around here that Stabil Marine preservative is better than regular Stabil. Anyone know about this?

I am using Stabil 360 Marine. Costs a little more but is better at water absorption than straight Marine; we have a wet marine climate here. Since I started using that I have had zero problems with storage or operation. It has kept my 17.5 KW generator running that Generac says to drain the tank before storing to prevent voiding the warranty. Had all kinds of problems with the carbueration before switching up to 360M.

Ron

/ stabil - stabil ethanol - seafoam - storage #28  
If Stabil Marine gets any better than the regular I wouldn't have no use for it because I use it all the time and have never had any issues with Sta Bil that I put in my small engines. Has a real good way to measure the amt. to put into your 5 gal can or what ever you use. Love Sta-Bil