Case Utility 504 gas engine

/ Case Utility 504 gas engine #1  

retiredrich

Tractor
1965 International 504
How many quarts of oil for a Case Utility 504 gas engine please? Thank, Rich

/ Case Utility 504 gas engine #2  
From what I have found is that its a International 504, not a Case. I know its splitting hairs but once I figured it out the net show the gas version takes 5 QTS SAE 30. I would add oil a QT at a time then check it after getting the level you want then again after running it for a few minutes to fill the filter and such.

Chris

/ Case Utility 504 gas engine
Thanks for the answer Chris. I'll put 5 in and check the dip stick.

Chris, Do they show where to pour the oil in? I see a larger than usual dip stick hole ( about an inch or so), but no cap that I can see.

/ Case Utility 504 gas engine #5  
No, no info on that. Does it not have a fill on the valve cover? You really need to get a set of manuals for it if you are going to own it.

Chris

I'll stop at a Tractor Supply store for one. Thanks, Rich

/ Case Utility 504 gas engine #7  
retiredrich said:
I'll stop at a Tractor Supply store for one. Thanks, Rich

They may have it. If not look on ebay.

Chris

Chris, I changed the oil today and it actually took about 5.5 quarts to bring it up the full mark. The filter is a NAPA Gold 1172 and the oil is filled through the oil dipstick tube. It actually went in fast which surprised me. The guy at NAPA when I bought the filter was familiar with the model of tractor and where the oil was filled. Tractor Supply did not have the manual so it was good NAPA and you could help. Thanks, Rich