Poly storage tanks for fuel storage

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #1  

Teikas Dad

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
Saw these on CL:

Poly Storage Tanks: water food fuel WVO biodiesel
5N95G55Je3n23I13N2c9qd6bb23c009ea1ec1.jpg5N25G75F43G33M23J8c9q7362bf60acd11ad6.jpg

Has anyone ever used one of these for diesel storage? I like the metal cage for protection.

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #2  
Yes, there have been a number of threads about them. I've been using one for about four years now. I put an electric pump on it.

I would suggest keeping it out of the sun to reduce degradation of the plastic.

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #3  
The black plastic wont degrade as fast as the white from ultraviolet rays but the white will allow you to see the liquid level. Keep the white one inside and it will be good for many years.

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #4  
The black plastic wont degrade as fast as the white from ultraviolet rays but the white will allow you to see the liquid level. Keep the white one inside and it will be good for many years.

I've never seen a black one, I didn't know they exist.

However, black would absorb more heat if sitting out in the sun. I don't know if that would cause more problems.

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #5  
I just replied to another thread about the same thing. I use a 15 gallon poly tank for refueling my tractor. As mentioned you can see the fuel level in the white one. I use a cheap 12V electric fuel pump with a small trailer brake battery for power.

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #6  
My fuel provider suggested not to use plastic and the fuel and sunlight will break down the plastic.

Chris

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #7  
My fuel provider suggested not to use plastic and the fuel and sunlight will break down the plastic.

Chris

Your kubota tank is plastic

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #8  

100_2582.jpg

Here is my plastic fueling station .
I's 5.5 years old and I haven't had a plastic break down .
If your fuel supplier was correct all the plastic cans from the big box stores auto parts places convenience stores etc would be failing right and left because they are same as these drums.

Your kubota tank is plastic
Correct.

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #9  

And metal tanks rust :thumbdown:

/ Poly storage tanks for fuel storage #10  
Biggest concern would be what was in them before. I have one for livestock water that had silicon in it before. I could wash most of it out and I know it won't hurt the water but it would be terrible in fuel.