howes or power service

/ howes or power service #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
our local tsc just started carrying howes.

anyone use that and power service and can compair the two?

/ howes or power service #2  
I use the Power Service from TSC. I have never used the Howes. Is the Howes used for diesel applications also?

/ howes or power service #3  
I have been using white Power Service for years but switched to Howes last year after gelling in tractor and chipper with off road diesel, I haven't had any more problems but have also gone to a different fuel supplier.

/ howes or power service
I use the Power Service from TSC. I have never used the Howes. Is the Howes used for diesel applications also?

the howes i'm talking about is specifically for diesel.

They may mate a gas addative.. but I'm not aware of it..

/ howes or power service #5  
I am a Howse guy. I have used PS also but notice less smoke on startup with Howse. Been using it since the late 90's I guess.

I am sure you are fine with either. About as much difference as Coke and Pepsi or Valvoline and Pennzoil.

Chris

/ howes or power service #6  
Howes is 100 times better than PS. PS is the walmart brand of diesel additives.

It is sold everywhere, but it is junk compared to whats out there.

/ howes or power service
I am a Howse guy. I have used PS also but notice less smoke on startup with Howse. Been using it since the late 90's I guess.

I am sure you are fine with either. About as much difference as Coke and Pepsi or Valvoline and Pennzoil.

Chris

i'm getting ready to do the fuel filter on the .3 and may fill the filter with howes when i slap the cover back on.. juice the injectors up a bit.

have had so much to do lately.. I've had to put off doing the fuel filter on the poor ole 7.3

got off work at dark thirty last night and had to clean the throttle body on the non idling 5.3 gm the wife drives. 1 can of choke cleaner and a dirty rag and spent pair of gloves later it is back to starting and idling fine... day before tht the well pump caught on firet at the farm.. was out till midnight replacing wire, conduit, pressure switch and electrical box :)

day before that had a stock tank leak.. before that.. the fridge in the house quit.. before that.. ( this could go on for a while.. :) )

/ howes or power service #8  
Soundguy - try toasting Murphy with Jamieson's Irish Whiskey !

So long as you don't overdo it, it shouldn't hurt.

Yep, gremlins in machinery seem to come in large packs ! Best luck on wrestling them all to the ground.

Rgds, D.

/ howes or power service #10  
My opinion as well.
Kinda like comparing WD-40 to PB Blaster or Kroil.

have used howes for years...K dealer parts guy says howes a standby for many truckers in diesel. i have not done a field test...just used howes in my diesel for years...quick starts w/o smoke beyond initial start up. but you choose... i'll stick w/howes. lots out there......