red diesel AND non ethanol gas!

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas!
i wonder what's to keep someone from buying clear with less tax and filling up their duramax?

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #12  
Honor, I guess.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas!
i'll bet that words real good for them.. :)

i may be cynical.. but I simply don't trust most people farther than I can throw then with 1 hand, standing on my opposite foot, backwards... ( unless i know them.. and maybee even then.. :) )

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #14  
it's a big combo fueling center. one section is obviously for auto traffic. has gas pumps only.. another section is for rigs and larger trucks.. it has 4 lanes of diesel, satalite and main.. 2 lanes that sell gas, kerosene and red fuel and diesel.

not sure why the hoops.. but I actually left when they tossed me the clip board to fill out to buy some red for a tractor. I told them to keep it.... ( i actually may have used a different word come to think of it.. ;) )
Thanks for your reply. Now I understand.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #15  
Did you check to see if it is dyed? Where it comes from the same pump, it often is not (like truck stops where truck and reefer fuel come from same pump). As I recall, dye gets added to the storage tank at the station after the dieael is delivered, so if your station has only 1 diesel tank feeding its pumps, I suspect you'll find no dye.

No way, no how. Can't be.

Feds will not allow a station to sell undyed diesel and not charge tax on it - that would get then shut down right quick.

No way, no how.

As to the bunch of paperwork, the Feds and states are getting mor and more picky on this, some companies have gotten into big troubles on little details, and are trying to cover their rears now. Feds and states wants their money, and will gladly collect fines along the way.... So while I understand the contempt for filing a lot of ppaerwork, it probably was for good reason?

--->Paul

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #16  
I can buy undyed diesel with no tax at one gas station in town. They take all sorts of plate info, and it just isn't hardly worth it. The other station in town sells dyed diesel, and there is no hassle at all. I buy from them.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #17  
I have had some bad luck with red from a local distributor...dirt...lots of water...and repair has superseded any savings. Krogers has a deal where if you buy so many groceries in a month you get discount off of diesel gas...not red...of course. still, when cleaned fuel filter on Kubota genset at 125 hours, encountered water in filter. I always use supplements to reduce water.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #18  
I filled out one form for the state and they sent me back a permit to use off road diesel. I buy through a small oil company that has a few pump locations at truck stops. I just insert my key, punch in my two digit number and pump. There is also a card reader, but to discourage regular customers from filling up with red, the price listed on the pump is significantly higher than road diesel.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #19  
no forms here in AZ...however, they do stop you and check for red in your tank and the fine is like 10000.00 and 1000.00 for each gallon of red. you are wise to buy where red is sold and refilled constantly. I try and build points at Krogers and get a buck off reg. diesel. added more solar in Sept so not using gensets as much.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #20  
The place I get ORD from just started paperwork. It was pretty basic, Name, address, phone, etc. They said that if they get audited, that they need to show WHERE the ORD went.

Kinda changing the subject, but why dont they sell off road gas?? You can get non-taxed dyed diesel and kerosene, but why not gas? It would sure be nice to put fuel in my mowers, chainsaws, 8n ford, atv's, etc that didnt have road tax on it:confused3: