red diesel AND non ethanol gas!

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #21  
Around me in WV I have never had to do any type of paperwork. Heck I just pull up and fill the cans, walk in and pay afterwards. Never had anyone ask me anything about it. I also now have a diesel pickup - never even heard of a noncommercial truck being stopped and checked for off road - do they do that in other states?

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #22  
Code54 said:
Around me in WV I have never had to do any type of paperwork. Heck I just pull up and fill the cans, walk in and pay afterwards. Never had anyone ask me anything about it. I also now have a diesel pickup - never even heard of a noncommercial truck being stopped and checked for off road - do they do that in other states?

No checks here either.

Chris

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #23  
no forms here in AZ...however, they do stop you and check for red in your tank and the fine is like 10000.00 and 1000.00 for each gallon of red. you are wise to buy where red is sold and refilled constantly. I try and build points at Krogers and get a buck off reg. diesel. added more solar in Sept so not using gensets as much.

Independent Truckers advise Arizona has some of the strictest diesel fuel related regulations. Some Independents will not operate through Arizona.

http://mvd.azdot.gov/mvd/formsandpub/viewPDF.asp?lngProductKey=1121&lngFormInfoKey=1121

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #24  
We used to get "refund" gas at the farm many many years ago that was dyed with purple powder when the delivery guy put it in the tank. We had gasoline powered combine and cotton picker that burned 50 gallons each per day so it was worth the effort to apply for the refund money. We had to apply for the refund in road tax whenever we had enough receipts to justify the submission which was about every 3 months. I would think that you could still do that with the state if you burn enough in offroad to justify the work involved. Since there isnt a lot of gasoline powered farm equipment nowdays, they may have stopped it, but you still should be able to apply for it. Check your local fuel distributor for info on this. I doubt any service station jockey will know anything about it.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #25  
I am curious as to why you encountered that level of difficulty. Is it because it was a Truck Stop?
This is a serious question.
1*Do Truck Stops only sell to commercial vehicle owners? Thanks for listening.
1-*No
When it comes to the diesel, do they let you pump it directly into your offroad equipment, or do you have to fill a can?
Around here you can only pump into a can, not directly into the equipment.
2*
Ken
2*This don't make any sense.

3*I have had some bad luck with red from a local distributor...dirt...lots of water...and repair has superseded any savings.

3*Putting RED Dye in the fuel doesn.'t add water to it.

4* seems like you get a hose fuel of red in your on road truck if the guy before you filled his tractor?
4*good point.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas!
around here.. hmm.. i think the marina and air port will sell non taxed gas.. dunno. I know it is non ethanol.

as fro diesel checks.. YES.. DOT will stick ant diesel with a plate one it.

I've been checked 3x in the last 10ys

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas!
no forms here in AZ...however, they do stop you and check for red in your tank and the fine is like 10000.00 and 1000.00 for each gallon of red. you are wise to buy where red is sold and refilled constantly. I try and build points at Krogers and get a buck off reg. diesel. added more solar in Sept so not using gensets as much.

they check us here in florida. I've been checked.

as for gas. I know you can apply for a refund of the tax if gas was used off road / farm..

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #28  
Soundguy said:
they check us here in florida. I've been checked.

as for gas. I know you can apply for a refund of the tax if gas was used off road / farm..

There is a form you fill out when you file your taxes, at least here in Oregon. I think it is a federal form, though.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #29  
As to the bunch of paperwork, the Feds and states are getting mor and more picky on this, some companies have gotten into big troubles on little details, and are trying to cover their rears now. Feds and states wants their money, and will gladly collect fines along the way.... So while I understand the contempt for filing a lot of ppaerwork, it probably was for good reason?

--->Paul

Same story buying LP gas here. I bought 2 of my own 100# tanks for my new furnace. When I go to the local hardware store to get them filled I have to sign a form stating that it's for heating purposes. I think they charge more per gallon for things like cooking/gas grills, etc.
I can get by with the 100# tanks because the furnace really is a backup in case the pellet stove goes down.
We also have to sign the same type of form when buying kero at the local convenience store.
I haven't heard of any place in my area of NY that even sells off road diesel. Sucks because I just drove the Bobcat down to the corner and filled the 24 gallon tank on it. I'd never use it in my bucket truck, even though I've never been stopped and had the tank checked. There's always the possibility of a first time.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #30  
I buy all my fuel at a card operated fuel station I can get red and clear diesel and gasoline and propane they also deliver.

We (the folks with accounts there) simply had to sign the form the one time saying the red would only be used off road and we buy what we want and when they send a bill at the end of the month.

No questions asked or anyone looking over your shoulder no hassles of any kind we are lucky it sounds like.