red diesel AND non ethanol gas!

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
the sole jiffy 2 cities up from me ( closer than the airport or the marina 45m away ).. now sells red diesel as well as the 90 oct non ethanol gas they have had for a few months.

nice to have options (cough) :)

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #2  
Both the town I work in and the town that's closest to my farm sell non-oxy gas and red diesel. Funny thing is, some of the counter jockeys didn't even know they had non-oxy. I had to walk up and down the pumps to find out for myself.:duh:

Joe

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #3  
I've got a truck stop a few miles down the road that has non-ethanol. I only have to drive 10 miles for off-road diesel, but it's in a direction I hardly ever go...unless I have to buy NH parts.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas!
there is 1 other station with red diesel that is about 2/3 the way of the other. it's a large truck stop that also sells kerosene too.

you have to jump thru 3 hoops, fill out a phone book sized form, and take a lie detector test to buy it.. so I avoid them...

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #5  
there is 1 other station with red diesel that is about 2/3 the way of the other. it's a large truck stop that also sells kerosene too.

you have to jump thru 3 hoops, fill out a phone book sized form, and take a lie detector test to buy it.. so I avoid them...
I am curious as to why you encountered that level of difficulty. Is it because it was a Truck Stop? This is a serious question. Do Truck Stops only sell to commercial vehicle owners? Thanks for listening.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #6  
the sole jiffy 2 cities up from me ( closer than the airport or the marina 45m away ).. now sells red diesel as well as the 90 oct non ethanol gas they have had for a few months.

nice to have options (cough) :)

When it comes to the diesel, do they let you pump it directly into your offroad equipment, or do you have to fill a can? Around here you can only pump into a can, not directly into the equipment.

Ken

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #7  
kensnelling said:
When it comes to the diesel, do they let you pump it directly into your offroad equipment, or do you have to fill a can? Around here you can only pump into a can, not directly into the equipment.

Ken

In my town you can pump it directly into your machine. Although I only fill my transfer tank there, I have seen others filling their machines on trailers as they are moving from one location to another. And once, unfortunately, a relative who is a trucker accidentally used the off-road diesel to fill his truck. Only realized it when he went to pay and the cashier looked at his display and gave him the bad news.

I am curious as to why you encountered that level of difficulty. Is it because it was a Truck Stop? This is a serious question. Do Truck Stops only sell to commercial vehicle owners? Thanks for listening.

it's a big combo fueling center. one section is obviously for auto traffic. has gas pumps only.. another section is for rigs and larger trucks.. it has 4 lanes of diesel, satalite and main.. 2 lanes that sell gas, kerosene and red fuel and diesel.

not sure why the hoops.. but I actually left when they tossed me the clip board to fill out to buy some red for a tractor. I told them to keep it.... ( i actually may have used a different word come to think of it.. ;) )

Ken

the new one I discovered has it inthe regualr pump like all the other fuels. what has me concerned is the red and diesel use the same spout.. seems like you get a hose fuel of red in your on road truck if the guy before you filled his tractor?

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #10  
Did you check to see if it is dyed? Where it comes from the same pump, it often is not (like truck stops where truck and reefer fuel come from same pump). As I recall, dye gets added to the storage tank at the station after the dieael is delivered, so if your station has only 1 diesel tank feeding its pumps, I suspect you'll find no dye.