Kerosene in tractor

/ Kerosene in tractor #1  

Slab

Tractor
Yanmar sc2400
Ok or bad to use it as engine fuel in an emergency?

/ Kerosene in tractor #2  
It would probably run if it is hot enough. Them old duel fuel tractors ran on it.
I am sure others will have different thoughts and will probably end in a heated discussion.

/ Kerosene in tractor #5  
Kerosene is thinner and will do less work per gallon than diesel. Kerosene is also more expensive than diesel. I would use kerosene in my tractor in a pinch.

/ Kerosene in tractor #6  
Kerosene and #1 diesel are generally equivalent. In refining, kerosene/#1 diesel is the portion that boils off right after gasoline. It has less lubricity and a lower heat content than #2 diesel. The 1928 Case model CC I have in front of my place has a 2 fuel tank system. It starts and warms up on gasoline, but then is switched over to lower cost kerosene which runs through a heat exchanger to warm the fuel before going into the carburetor. I'd try to limit use of kerosene to prolong fuel pump and injector life .

/ Kerosene in tractor #7  
Sure in an emergency, I would.

Before settling on stanadyne we used kero to condition our winter diesel.

/ Kerosene in tractor #8  
I would add some 2 cycle outboard oil to the fuel for added lubricity so tyhe injection pump isn't damaged.
Perhaps at a 50~100/1 ratio for peace of mind.

/ Kerosene in tractor #9  
At the local airport they run all the diesel powered equipment, including a large bucket loader, on jet fuel.

/ Kerosene in tractor #10  
yeah.. I'd run it if I had to.. and add a lube to it.. it's more $$ than diesel #2 here.. so I doubt I'd be running it.. but you never know.. If I got some gave to me.. I';d burn it for sure..