Greasing a Massey Ferguson 135

/ Greasing a Massey Ferguson 135 #1  

ArcherXC

Bronze Member
Tractor
1965 Massey Ferguson 135
I am a new owner of a MF135. How do I tell if it needs greased? And if it does how do I know how much to grease it? One last question. What kind of grease do I use?

/ Greasing a Massey Ferguson 135 #2  
You should grease all fittings every 10 hours. 1-3 squirts is all it will take if you keep after it. Up to 10 squirts if the joints are dry. Any automotive red grease should work. This is a case of regular intervals being better than fancy products.

Stop injecting grease after you see fresh grease squirting out of the joint. Wipe off the excess to keep it neat.

/ Greasing a Massey Ferguson 135
Do I grease the lift arms in the same manner? I heard that over greasing the lift arms can ruin the hydraulic fluid because the excess grease falls into the fluid tank.

/ Greasing a Massey Ferguson 135 #4  
Do I grease the lift arms in the same manner? I heard that over greasing the lift arms can ruin the hydraulic fluid because the excess grease falls into the fluid tank.

I doubt that grease would have any way of coming into contact with the hydraulic fluid. I would grease them the same way.

/ Greasing a Massey Ferguson 135 #5  
Yep, grease 'em.

/ Greasing a Massey Ferguson 135 #6  
I doubt that grease would have any way of coming into contact with the hydraulic fluid. I would grease them the same way.

After tearing down my 135 this couldnt be further from the truth. Take a look at the pictures in my thread about 135 hydraulics, I had to clean up at least 3-4 cans of old grease caked on to the pump. It was bad enough that the pump was not functioning correctly. So I would grease much more lightly on the lift arms.