Penetrating Oils....best and home made...

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #71  
Agree with the Kroil. Kana is what we have local.

But in diesel tech school the shop teacher came in one day and was telling us about an article that referenced leg wax for removing bolts. We were working on state salt and plow trucks and the exhaust manifold had to come off. Broke heads off all but one bolt. He went upstairs and got some leg wax from cosmology. Came back down heated the bolts and applied the leg wax while still hot and let it cool. All bolts backed out with vise grips.

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #72  
Around here beeswax is popular as in the above post.
Wife picks it up at JoAnn Fabrics-yes she found it there for me!

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #73  
I would agree Kroil is the best.

I bought some Kroil just last year, when I was close to out. You can get it direct from them.

They appear to have changed the formula, as it no longer has a reddish tint, but more of a light honey color. Smells a bit different too.

Does not seem to work as well, either. That or I am losing patience in my later years.

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #74  
I have always used the wax trick on frozen pipe plugs. Heat the plug, let wax wick in, let cool, and they come right out.

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #75  
hahaha... maybe all those Ford mechanics should read this thread when they get ready to do a sparkplug change!! hahaha

Ford used to reccomend aero-kroil for 5.4 plugs. Now they reccomend spray carb cleaner because its carbon that causes the seizing.

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #76  
Ford used to reccomend aero-kroil for 5.4 plugs. Now they reccomend spray carb cleaner because its carbon that causes the seizing.

I gave a can of Zep to a Ford buddy that does lots of tune ups... according to him it works pretty good.