walmart and HF penetrating oil

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #11  
as far as off-the-shelf stuff, pb has been the most effective for me. I don't even buy wd40 or LW anymore. I am still wanting to get a hold of some kroil after that other thread though. For cutting, nothing beats tap-magic. As far as general lubing of door hinges and lock mechanisms, etc... I use 3in1.

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #12  
I have used kroil for about ten years mainly for a rifle bore cleaner and on bullet molds.

I use a lot of ED's RED as well without the Lanolin around the shop.

--J

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #13  
I have had more success with PB Blaster but the Liquid Wrench is a lot cheaper here in NC...
I am a cheap skate and admit it...

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #14  
I have had more success with PB Blaster but the Liquid Wrench is a lot cheaper here in NC...
I am a cheap skate and admit it...

I am a cheapskate as well, but when I only buy 2 or 3 cans a year I like it to work when I need it. The extra cost is easily regained by time savings or not breaking off a bolt in something.

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #15  
as far as off-the-shelf stuff, pb has been the most effective for me. I don't even buy wd40 or LW anymore. I am still wanting to get a hold of some kroil after that other thread though. For cutting, nothing beats tap-magic. As far as general lubing of door hinges and lock mechanisms, etc... I use 3in1.

Tap magic is good stuff, but I wouldnt say "nothing beats it".

Crown Buttercut is just as good in my experience.:thumbsup:

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #16  
I work in a refinery and Kroil is used by the drum here...great stuff, I have also used CRC "knocker-loose", it smells and works just like Kroil.

+1 on Kroil and Knocker-Loose. Both look and smell very similar.

CT

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil
never seen the knocker loose.

who sells it?

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #18  
Dont really know who sells it...i get it from work. It is made by crc.

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil
hmm.. i'll have to look next time i'm in a place that handles crc stuff.