walmart and HF penetrating oil

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Ok.. I see walmart and hf sell some cheap sub2$ penetrant oil cans.. I figured I'd try it.

My nose tells me both are liquid wrench.

anyone else use them?

for the amount vs price.. HF is the better deal.. larger can.... both smell the same to me.. and same as liq wrench.

was hoping for kroil.. :)

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #2  
was hoping for kroil.. :)

:laughing: you really arent serious are you:confused2:

Probabally not good for penetrating oil, but the cheaper stuff does have its place vs using the expensive good-stuff.

Lubing squeaky hinges
Noisy garage doors
Files for sharpening the chainsaw
lubing any tooling or drill-bits when doing aluminum
Junk-@$$ suspension seat on the kubota L3400
etc.

I am sure it wont go to waste for you.:thumbsup:

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil
yep.. I was funnin.

i'm actually surprised it even smells similar to LW.. and not just kerosene and mineral spirits or something... maybee stoddards solvent..e tc..

yep.. it will get used.

and yes. a can stays by the drillpress.. makes ok cutting oil so far, I have noticed. :)

:laughing: you really arent serious are you:confused2:

Probabally not good for penetrating oil, but the cheaper stuff does have its place vs using the expensive good-stuff.

Lubing squeaky hinges
Noisy garage doors
Files for sharpening the chainsaw
lubing any tooling or drill-bits when doing aluminum
Junk-@$$ suspension seat on the kubota L3400
etc.

I am sure it wont go to waste for you.:thumbsup:

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #4  
OK....I've never tried Kroil, never seen it for sale..... What's wrong with blaster?

well.. boards ate my post 3 times now.

i'm throwing in the towel.

i use PB mainly.. and save my bottle of kroil for lost cause / last ditch scenerio's before bringing out the smoke wrench.

lets see if this one posts or I'm 0 and 3

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #6  
My experience with PB is that no single batch is consistent with the next. Works great as a fire starter though.

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #7  
I work in a refinery and Kroil is used by the drum here...great stuff, I have also used CRC "knocker-loose", it smells and works just like Kroil.

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #8  
For me Kroil's always been the better choice. We had it in the factory machine shop way back when. Still have a partial container too! :)

IMO PB Blaster has worked better than Liquid Wrench ever did.

Anyone ever see this configuration?

Lawn Mower Tune-Up

I have an almost empty can of it but for the life of me dont remember where I bought it lol!

i have also noticed that pb works better than LW

/ walmart and HF penetrating oil #10  
I bought a gallon of Kroil, along with a probably 12 oz. aerosol can, plus a pump oil can in a package deal from Kroil back in the late 80's. Still have about a pint or so left in the gallon can. All for around $36.00 at the time, I'm thinking. Just checked their website, and $50.00 a gallon now. I guess that's not bad considering how much prices have increases on other items. I do remember after the pump can being on the shop shelf with some in it for a year or so, it literally corroded the pump mechanism to a non useable state.
I guess the worst part was getting all the flyers from them for probably 4-5 years, to buy more. Persistant salespeople..!! I have a local industrial supply that handles it, but never checked the price.
I'm still wanting to try Soundguy's home made mix...