Diesel Fuel Supplement

/ Diesel Fuel Supplement #1  

Fanlo2300

Tractor
Case IH DX33
I read on the bottle of Diesel Fuel Supplement a notice to "use entire contents on opening".

Does anybody know the reason for this ?

Is tke content unusable after a certain time ? Should I discard the remaining quantity ?

Thanks

Pierre

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 215
   / Diesel Fuel Supplement #2  
I have checked the entire lable on my bottle of suppliment and find no such advisement. Mine is in all english, so perhaps your's is labled in accordance with Canada's regulations. Our school bus garage uses the same suppliment and the mechanics know of of no shelf life for Diesel Fuel Suppliment. The suggestion I heard was that perhaps the directive is given to prevent improper disposal of left over product.

/ Diesel Fuel Supplement #3  
I have checked the entire lable on my bottle of suppliment and find no such advisement. Mine is in all english, so perhaps your's is labled in accordance with Canada's regulations. Our school bus garage uses the same suppliment and the mechanics know of of no shelf life for Diesel Fuel Suppliment. The suggestion I heard was that perhaps the directive is given to prevent improper disposal of left over product.

Yup, I have never noticed that on any US bottles I have...interesting!

/ Diesel Fuel Supplement #5  
I read on the bottle of Diesel Fuel Supplement a notice to "use entire contents on opening".

Does anybody know the reason for this ? . . .

Must be something that just occurs north of the border. :D

No such markings on that container down here.
Could it be a government regulation?

/ Diesel Fuel Supplement #6  
I can't imagine that too many people could use a whole bottle at once, unless you are a filling huge transfer/holding tanks, that's crazy.

/ Diesel Fuel Supplement #8  
Yeah, we buy totes(330 gallons) of diesel additive at a time... Sitting open for a few months doesn't hurt...

(We also sell fuel commercially, which we pre-treat all our fuel we sell.)

/ Diesel Fuel Supplement #9  
I can't imagine that too many people could use a whole bottle at once, unless you are a filling huge transfer/holding tanks, that's crazy.

if you use the double dose option.. you could use a entire bottle on half the gallons listed.

my f450 has a 70g transfer tech tank in the back.. that and the torpedo tank.. and when I treat.. i use quite a few ounces at a time per fill up...

/ Diesel Fuel Supplement #10  
To sell more off the prouduct.
This suggestion me be closer to the truth.

ya think? For me, Power Service is not needed in my area (Northeast). Or I have been lucky for almost 20 years.