oil change time ???

/ oil change time ??? #1  

nhtrekker

Tractor
(03) Massey gc2310
Does anybody use diesel synthetic oil in your tractor. I have a massey gc2310 2005 and would like some advice. I was looking at Shell rotella THANKS, Don

/ oil change time ??? #2  
Does anybody use diesel synthetic oil in your tractor. I have a massey gc2310 2005 and would like some advice. I was looking at Shell rotella THANKS, Don

We have run T6 5w40, and am running T5 10W30 semi synthetic currently. Wont hurt at all.

Welcome aboard.

/ oil change time ??? #3  
nhtrekker said:

Absolutely, lots of us do. Make sure you aren't buying the blend synthetic and paying for true synthetic. Will run better in cold weather.

/ oil change time ??? #4  
I use Amsoil synthetic in all my equipment - tractor, trucks, cars, lawn mowers, compressor pumps, any machine that takes oil.

/ oil change time ??? #5  
I went to Shell T6 after the 50 hour break in period. I use it in all my diesel engines. Check your operations manual for restrictive use if any on synthetic use. Some manufacturers dont want you to use synthetic till after a break in period.

/ oil change time ??? #6  
I ran Amsoil HDD 5W30 in my GC2300 (now sold) and likes it's performance a lot (especially in winter).

DEWFPO

/ oil change time ??? #7  
Dont get me wrong here, I uses Rotella in some things, but its the cheapest diesel rated oil you can buy. Its kind of the Fram Oil Filter of oil. I also use lots of Fram Oil Filters for that matter.

In my research I found out lots about oil. For the same money Mobil 1 makes a full synthetic Diesel rated oil that is twice as good. I get it at WalMart and Meijer.

Chris

/ oil change time ??? #8  
I use the Lucas diesel oils. Seem to work well.

/ oil change time ??? #9  
Dont get me wrong here, I uses Rotella in some things, but its the cheapest diesel rated oil you can buy. Its kind of the Fram Oil Filter of oil. I also use lots of Fram Oil Filters for that matter.

In my research I found out lots about oil. For the same money Mobil 1 makes a full synthetic Diesel rated oil that is twice as good. I get it at WalMart and Meijer.

Chris

Is the M1 5w40?

/ oil change time ??? #10  
Is there any problem with using 5w-40 weight synthetic oil if the manual calls for 15w-40, or 10w-30. Is the 5W side of the oil too thin?