Traveller/TSC oil

/ Traveller/TSC oil #21  
I wonder how many name brand oils slap on a white/plain label just to make sure they cover all markets? I know some companies will sell the same product just relabel it for a bigger market. It doesn't really hurt their profits, they just make a little bit smaller profit with the plain label. When the name label sells they drink high dollar scotch instead of wine in a box, point being they still get there drink on at the end of the day.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #22  
Warren Distribution also makes Castrol / BP products and their main series is Mag 1.

We are a distributor for them. Warren Distribution WAY different then Warren products. Also way better product quality wise. So yes, their products meet the new specs.

Warren Oil Company, Inc. was the one I was looking at. It's far from on spec...

There is also another Warren oil out there that makes a lot of the no-name stuff / non API stuff.

And Soundguy - a lot of companies tie THF / UTF / TTF all together in to one product... for right or wrong reasons. But again, be careful what and who you buy from. I can't stress it enough. Hydraulic fluids have no real over sight, so it's up to the blenders to make sure they fit the specs.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #23  
Just for the record there is more than one Warren, totally different companies, totally confusing too.

Warren Distribution - Omaha, NE

Warren Oil - Dunn, NC (also is known as Warren Unilube, which was the old Coastal Unilube)

/ Traveller/TSC oil #24  
Warren Distribution also makes Castrol / BP products and their main series is Mag 1.

We are a distributor for them. Warren Distribution WAY different then Warren products. Also way better product quality wise. So yes, their products meet the new specs.

Warren Oil Company, Inc. was the one I was looking at. It's far from on spec...

There is also another Warren oil out there that makes a lot of the no-name stuff / non API stuff.

And Soundguy - a lot of companies tie THF / UTF / TTF all together in to one product... for right or wrong reasons.

Ha - Fox you beat me to the punch, I did not see yours before I posted.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #25  
just got an email back from warren.. they produce coastal, and the walmart supertech utf oil.. comes out of the nebraskaunit according to them. I believe warren is subdivided into smaller subsidiaries.. like unilube.. etc..

/ Traveller/TSC oil #26  
I just compared the suposedly spec uses for Kubota UDT fluid with the spec listed on the Atwoods universal bucket and they are almost word for word in the "meets specification list". Visually they look the same also unless you look at the price. Kubota UDT =$20 per gallon. Atwoods = less than $40 for 5 gallons. I spoke to the Kubota shop manager about using it and he said as long as it is out of warranty you should be ok as the quality is about the same just much cheaper. He said Kubota would take a sample if under warranty in an effort to disprove the warranty claim. He said not to mix them but when doing a complete change, there should be no problem.
I guess I will try it on my B26 when I change the oil at 400 hours since I have about 7 gallons of it that I used for my Yanmar. If worked just fine on it and it specifies it is recommended for heavy equipment that uses a common sump for transmission, hydraulic and wet brakes. I just changed the filter and lost about 3 quarts that I made up with a $20 1 gallon jug.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #27  
And Soundguy - a lot of companies tie THF / UTF / TTF all together in to one product... for right or wrong reasons. But again, be careful what and who you buy from. I can't stress it enough. Hydraulic fluids have no real over sight, so it's up to the blenders to make sure they fit the specs.

yep.. I rarely see any of the generics meeting the new NH spec that came out after msc134d or the thf/ttf specs.

Most of them out there met the older specs, and aside from cold characteristics.. almost all of them would be fine in an older tractor used in the south.. some, I have seen.. like some bargain basement 19$/5g oils.. that didn't even list any specs.. just said 'older machines' it's spec sheet looked like it would be like grease in cold weather.. .. however.. fine for something like a 9n.. etc.. :)

i've used BB utf like that in self contained non tranny/diffy hyds.. like laoder or hoe sumps that will never see arctic temps here in florida.. though I do not use them in the trans/diff sumps. I want to see listed specs for those areas.. final drives..e tc.

also I have seen some fluids say they meet the specs * but have different viscosities.. :) go figure.. :)

/ Traveller/TSC oil #28  
just got an email back from warren.. they produce coastal, and the walmart supertech utf oil.. comes out of the nebraskaunit according to them. I believe warren is subdivided into smaller subsidiaries.. like unilube.. etc..

No, there are three very, very different companies.

Warren Distribution, Omaha Nebraska. Has blending facilities in Iowa, WV and Alabama.

I've picked product up at all 3 of them.

Warren Oil, is a different company.

Then there is also Warren products.

Three different companies, three very different owners, three very different products.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #29  
warren unilube lists warren oil as it's parent co, and links to warren oil's website.. where you see warren oil and warren unilube listed on the same page. I agree the other one is a different co.

soundguy

No, there are three very, very different companies.

Warren Distribution, Omaha Nebraska. Has blending facilities in Iowa, WV and Alabama.

I've picked product up at all 3 of them.

Warren Oil, is a different company.

Then there is also Warren products.

Three different companies, three very different owners, three very different products.

/ Traveller/TSC oil
Yes, Warren Oil is also Unilube. Warren Distribution and Warren Power Products are the same.