Traveller/TSC oil

/ Traveller/TSC oil #31  
warren unilube lists warren oil as it's parent co, and links to warren oil's website.. where you see warren oil and warren unilube listed on the same page. I agree the other one is a different co.

soundguy

Yes, warren unilube. They're in NC

There is Warren Oil in Omaha, as discussed.

There is another company called Warren Oil / Warren Products. They're out of Chicago.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #34  
All the talk about oils meeting specs...
I have a question to anyone on here...
Out of all of the oils produced, marketed, re-branded, re-labeled, ect...
Has anyone on here ever had an oil related failure to an engine, transmission, hydraulic pump, ect... that was directly due to the oil not doing it's job of lubrication?

/ Traveller/TSC oil
I know their lawn mower oil excedes B&S's classification requirements. They say SJ or higher. Traveller is SM.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #36  
All the talk about oils meeting specs...
I have a question to anyone on here...
Out of all of the oils produced, marketed, re-branded, re-labeled, ect...
Has anyone on here ever had an oil related failure to an engine, transmission, hydraulic pump, ect... that was directly due to the oil not doing it's job of lubrication?

My first skid loader (bought used, 370 hours on it) had it's hydraulic pump fail at 600 hours. Direct result of improper oil, it already did the damage even though I put good oil in it after I got it.

/ Traveller/TSC oil #38  
Do you you think the cause was low quality oil, or use of a completely wrong type of oil?

A little of both. I believed they had in it a bad AW68, which was just too thick for the system, combined that with a low quality of oil and the pump went out. It was when I was helping to build my parent's house. We put it in it AW46, a thinner oil, from Conoco. The hydraulics were weak, but it worked. However, that winter the pump just went out. Which, there is no way a pump should go out after 590/600 hours..

/ Traveller/TSC oil #39  
strange how we almost never hear about a lube failuer when the correct rated oil is used.. no matter brand