End of the diesel light truck

/ End of the diesel light truck #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
GM announced the end of the diesel pickup today by announcing the 2014 pickups with the 4.3, 5.3 and 6.2 Ecotech3 direct injection engines.
Few indeed are the drivers who can sit down with pen and paper then honestly justify a diesel pickup.

/ End of the diesel light truck #2  
I can. And I know a bunch of people who can too.

/ End of the diesel light truck #3  
Re: GM announced the beginning of the end of the diesel light truck today

Wow.....:confused:

/ End of the diesel light truck #4  
I have had a ton of diesels. Admittedly I do not need it, and it would be tough to justify on paper a need for one. When I was towing a skid steer, it was nice to have the torque. I have over the past couple years gotten rid of the oil burners for gas motors. Much less noise,smell and cost. I believe some guys can justify having one, but I'm not one of them.

/ End of the diesel light truck #6  
I agree the diesel would be a tough sell. Especially with motors like the Ford Eco Boost making diesel like power on gas. Its only a $600 option when a diesel would be $6000.

I like the idea but the dollars and cents dont work out.

Chris

/ End of the diesel light truck #7  

I want 800 plus foot pounds of torque, you ain't getting that in a gasser.
And to the know it alls, please don't tell me what you think I need.

/ End of the diesel light truck #8  
I can. And I know a bunch of people who can too.

i like my diesel. in fact. if I ever find another 7.3psd ford 350 int he 99-2003 range for cehap and in great condition.. I'll buy it and put it on jacks till I wear out my current one. :)

/ End of the diesel light truck #9  

Those new direct injection engines are neat. I think a lot, if not most diesel trucks are sold to wannbe something or anothers. I see a F650 diesel occasionally that has a fancy tonneau cover, really nice wheels. It is used as a grocery getter. A neighbor of mine drives a F350. He is 84, can't drive at night, hasn't towed anything in years, but gets a new one every year.

/ End of the diesel light truck #10  
GM announced the end of the diesel pickup today by announcing the 2014 pickups with the 4.3, 5.3 and 6.2 Ecotech3 direct injection engines.
Few indeed are the drivers who can sit down with pen and paper then honestly justify a diesel pickup.

GM lost their chance at stealing customers away from Ford and Dodge today. This was their chance and they blew it. If either one of them comes out with a light duty diesel it will be lights out for GM. they can shove the BabyMax in there at the last minute all they want but people are tired of them always playing catchup. Me included. The last best truck GM came out eith was in '99. Been downhill ever since.