Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzington View Post

That is an ingenious solution, not sure it is practical for my situation as I don't have a local AC power source for the compressor but thanks for sharing.
    Generator or portable air tank will fix that.

Chris

Default Re: Diesel Siphon Hose

...Is HDPE rating stamped on the box?
    What I have (from HD) it's marked right on the hose...it's hard to see but it's there...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

BULB SIPHON PUMPI have one of these bulb siphon pumps.
    They work great (if slowly) in a 20L fuel can, but might also work, with extension hoses, to make them reach the bottom of a 50 gal. barrel. Of course, as mentioned above, the outlet has to be lower than the lowest fuel level in the source barrel or the siphon will stop before the barrel is empty.
    BOB

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    '13 Yanmar Lx4100

Another way to get a siphon going without any tools or air or anything is if you can fit most of the siphon hose in the full tank, push most of it in the tank and with only a hand full sticking out of the tank plug the end with your thumb, pull out as much hose as you need to reach the other tank and let your thumb off the line, you're just priming the line and fuel should start flowing.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat T200

Battery-Powered Siphon Pump-DH-20 at The Home Depot

I have one of these to transfer diesel from portable tanks to my Bobcat. Works great!

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by puckgrinder85 View Post
    Another way to get a siphon going without any tools or air or anything is if you can fit most of the siphon hose in the full tank, push most of it in the tank and with only a hand full sticking out of the tank plug the end with your thumb, pull out as much hose as you need to reach the other tank and let your thumb off the line, you're just priming the line and fuel should start flowing.
    I already said that in post #4 along with using a garden hose for a siphon. Used them for years, same hose for gasoline or diesel. Most tractors now days have PVC or HDPE fuel tanks and either one is impervious to fuel oils. The same material is used for most garden hoses and I have even seen folks use a section of garden hose for a fuel line before when necessary.
    About the only thing gasoline will readily dissolve is styrofoam. Diesel will also but takes a bit to do it.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    '13 Yanmar Lx4100

I'm happy for you , I dont read full threads all the time, just throwing it out there for other ideas used.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzington View Post
    Need about a 12' hose to siphon 50-gallons of diesel from one transfer tank to another 55-gallon drum. What can I use that would not be damaged by the fuel? Typical fuel lines available at the auto supply are too small in diameter. I have a DC electric tank mounted pump but it is a pain moving it from one tank to another. With a siphon I could get it started and walk away. Any suggestions on starting the flow without a lung full of fumes or a mouth full of fuel?

All hoses shown are are rated for fuel use Diesel or Gasoline.
    I got this hose from an auto parts store .
    Most of it is 1/2 .
    It's available in 1/4 3/8 1/2 5/8 3/4 and I inch.

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

I've got an old piece of milking machine hose laying around. Always good to have clear hose so you can see what's coming at you. It just might prevent you from getting a mouthful.
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4300

I use that clear hose for siphoning gas and diesel. It eventually goes stiff (after a few years) but you can still see the liquid level to start the siphon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12