Just bring your own oil....

/ Just bring your own oil.... #1  

MrChris

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215HST
Went to visit my daughter in the city yesterday and as it was time to have the oil changed in her car, we decided to drop it off at the Toyota dealer while we went out to lunch. When I told the service guy I wanted the synthetic oil, I was suprised when he replied " Toyota synthetic is overpriced. Next time just go to Walmart and get a 5 gallon container of synthetic oil and we'll just charge you for labor and the filter." Wow! The car is still under warranty too.

Last edited:
   / Just bring your own oil.... #2  
Went to visit my daughter in the city yesterday and as it was time to have the oil changed in her car, we decided to drop it off at the Toyota dealer while we went out to lunch. When I told the service guy I wanted the synthetic oil, I was suprised when he replied " Toyota synthetic is overpriced. Next time just go to Walmart and get a 5 gallon container of synthetic oil and we'll just charge you for labor and the filter." Wow! The car is still under warranty too.
That is quiet amazing that they would do that, but why 5 gallons when 5 quarts would be the max used. Many times 5 gallon containers cost more than 5 of the one gallon. Some now come in 2.5 gallon containers which are usually good for 2 oil changes.

/ Just bring your own oil.... #3  
Five quart container is probably what he meant. I've never seen 5 gal containers there, not even 2-1/2 gal.

/ Just bring your own oil.... #4  
A honest and thoughtful dealer......wow.....you don't see many of them around. Don't tell the service manager....he'd probably fire that guy!

/ Just bring your own oil....
That is quiet amazing that they would do that, but why 5 gallons when 5 quarts would be the max used. Many times 5 gallon containers cost more than 5 of the one gallon. Some now come in 2.5 gallon containers which are usually good for 2 oil changes.

Oops. Meant to type 5 quarts.