EP 00 grease where to find?

/ EP 00 grease where to find? #1  

shady1701

Gold Member
After inquiring on several oil compay's i have yet to find any ep 00 except like huge quanity's any ideas on who normaly carries small quanity's for consumer consumption in the 1-5 gallon range?

/ EP 00 grease where to find? #2  
<font color="blue">(... find any ep 00 ...) </font>

Hi Shady,

What are you going to use that grease in?

It's very very low temp. grease...

/ EP 00 grease where to find?
I was told that is what is a good replacement in my imp. gearbox and is a replacement for 80w-90/85w-140 gear oil..

I don't have my oil manual handy but i believe that 00 is what is used on axles on rigs now to reduce seal leakage as per tmc recommendations...

/ EP 00 grease where to find? #4  
Shady

Check out Schaeffer Oil. I found a synthetic blend EP #00 grease that comes in 420, 120 and 40 pound pails or a 50 tube case. http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/274.html

Schaeffer's has sales reps in N. America that you can access through the web site. Though I have my favorite.

Most sales are $250.00 minimum but I know a retailer in Texarkana that sells in individual units for common items. Tim Mills ( Mills Outdoor Power Equipment) 1-800-737-1747. He may not carry the #00 grease but he can get you a single case/container.

By the way Schaeffer's grease is great stuff.

/ EP 00 grease where to find? #5  
<font color="blue">...I was told that is what is a good replacement in my imp. gearbox and is a replacement for 80w-90/85w-140 gear oil... </font>

Hi Shady,

Wouldn't it be easier, just to use the 80w140 gear oil with an extremely high temperature range...

What advantage do you gain by using this hard-to-get-expensive grease versus cheap-off-the-shelf gear oil? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mainly #1 to keep oil leakage down and #2 i was going to use it in my hino e2004 also in front axles.. It should be fairly common though i'm supprized i think i'll check with cat dealer sometime or maybe some larger truck dealers.

but i may end up using 1.47/qt 85w-140

/ EP 00 grease where to find? #7  
EP has 3 grades available at most oil distributors, 0, 00, & 000. You will find these used in the mining and heavy equipment industry. Snapper dealers use EP-0 in their transmissions. The sell it in quarts. We use EP0 &000 in many AG machines because gear boxes are often concealed and if a seal failure happens the farmer has a greater margin of time to discover the seal failure before the gearbox has totally failed. Do not use EP grease if heat dissipation is needed. A gear oil will be better to use in this situation.

/ EP 00 grease where to find? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( By the way Schaeffer's grease is great stuff.
)</font>
Schaeffer's is the only grease we have used for over 20 years.

CCM where do you all get your's at? and do you sell any in like 5 gal or so quanity?

/ EP 00 grease where to find? #10  
That was recommended for use in the front axle of my Ford. The seals leak and putting in new ones probably won't solve the problem without sleeves. There is a local source. I'll see if they do mail order.