Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EP 00 grease where to find?

After inquiring on several oil compay's i have yet to find any ep 00 except like huge quanity's any ideas on who normaly carries small quanity's for consumer consumption in the 1-5 gallon range?

Tractor
    Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205

Default Re: EP 00 grease where to find?

<font color="blue">(... find any ep 00 ...) </font>

Hi Shady,

What are you going to use that grease in?

It's very very low temp. grease...

I was told that is what is a good replacement in my imp. gearbox and is a replacement for 80w-90/85w-140 gear oil..

I don't have my oil manual handy but i believe that 00 is what is used on axles on rigs now to reduce seal leakage as per tmc recommendations...

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Shady

Check out Schaeffer Oil. I found a synthetic blend EP #00 grease that comes in 420, 120 and 40 pound pails or a 50 tube case. http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/274.html

Schaeffer's has sales reps in N. America that you can access through the web site. Though I have my favorite.

Most sales are $250.00 minimum but I know a retailer in Texarkana that sells in individual units for common items. Tim Mills ( Mills Outdoor Power Equipment) 1-800-737-1747. He may not carry the #00 grease but he can get you a single case/container.

By the way Schaeffer's grease is great stuff.

Tractor
    Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205

<font color="blue">...I was told that is what is a good replacement in my imp. gearbox and is a replacement for 80w-90/85w-140 gear oil... </font>

Hi Shady,

Wouldn't it be easier, just to use the 80w140 gear oil with an extremely high temperature range...

What advantage do you gain by using this hard-to-get-expensive grease versus cheap-off-the-shelf gear oil? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Mainly #1 to keep oil leakage down and #2 i was going to use it in my hino e2004 also in front axles.. It should be fairly common though i'm supprized i think i'll check with cat dealer sometime or maybe some larger truck dealers.

but i may end up using 1.47/qt 85w-140

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    JD 2040,2240, 2355, 2755, 4055

EP has 3 grades available at most oil distributors, 0, 00, &amp; 000. You will find these used in the mining and heavy equipment industry. Snapper dealers use EP-0 in their transmissions. The sell it in quarts. We use EP0 &amp;000 in many AG machines because gear boxes are often concealed and if a seal failure happens the farmer has a greater margin of time to discover the seal failure before the gearbox has totally failed. Do not use EP grease if heat dissipation is needed. A gear oil will be better to use in this situation.

Tractor
    NH TC35D/SUPER H&M/F-20/JD B&D/FORDSON/JD250 SSL

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( By the way Schaeffer's grease is great stuff.
    )</font>
    Schaeffer's is the only grease we have used for over 20 years.

CCM where do you all get your's at? and do you sell any in like 5 gal or so quanity?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710, Ford 5600, Case MB4/94, Kubota B6200

That was recommended for use in the front axle of my Ford. The seals leak and putting in new ones probably won't solve the problem without sleeves. There is a local source. I'll see if they do mail order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast