F350 running problems

/ F350 running problems #22  
   / F350 running problems #23  
cheap insurance.

now that we have on ein the GB.. it won't ever fail.. :)

Ain't that the way? I won't be disappointed if I never have to change it. :wrench:

/ F350 running problems #24  
There is a possibility that the IDM (Injector Drive Module) is going bad. Or possibly the Wire harnesses under the valve covers are having problems. Just a couple more problems that the Ford diesels have... Along with numerous other problems.....

/ F350 running problems #25  
Replaced cam sensor, didn't help problem at all. It seems like it will run until something gets hot in there. It won't completely die, just wont' take the diesel. Can pull over and let it sit for about 5 minutes, then it will run ok. It's like something in there has to cool off. Any other suggestions?

MY 99 7.3 would die at 50mph and up and slow and slugish at 35mph.cleaned the screens hiden inside the round white barrel above the tank pickup to fix the starving fuel problem. Drop the tank or lift the bed. It takes a special tool from autozone to remove the two fuel lines on top of the tank.Unscrew the big plastic cap to get to the pickup. The pump is under cab in the frame.

Last edited: