Current fuel transport & storage laws?

/ Current fuel transport & storage laws? #1  

ZombieApoc

Tractor
None yet
Hi all

I'm brand new to the forum here, and looking for some advice.

I have been slowly stocking up on equipment, materials, and knowledge to help me as I make my move into the countryside. Currently I live in the outskirt suburbs of Austin - where Cedar Park meets Leander for anyone local. I'm buying land out past Liberty Hill area if all goes well.

I know I will want to have a stock of fuel on-site. So, I've already picked up a couple 55 gallon steel drums which held cutting oil previously. I've rinsed them out thoroughly and allowed them to dry. Next step is washing them out with kerosene, draining and then letting them dry again. I believe that will give me the cleanest barrels I can have for the future contents, barring purchase of fuel drums to begin with.

My goals are:
  1. Maintain a stock of pure gasoline (for cars, small equipment, etc)
  2. Maintain a stock of fuel for whatever tractor I purchase - perhaps diesel (that'll be another thread)
  3. Ensure I transport them properly
  4. Ensure I transfer them properly

For transportation, according to this post I believe I need to stick to < 119 gallons at a pop, but no signage is necessary. Is this still current?

What about storage? Currently I am in a suburban subdivision, which I am sure will be under different regulations than outside incorporated limits will be. But it would be good to know what I am limited to now & in the future. Where can I find out?

I think that covers me on that front for now.

Thanks,
ZA

/ Current fuel transport & storage laws? #2  
th_100_2583_zps409700ff.jpg
Click on photo to enlarge .
My diesel storage set up.

/ Current fuel transport & storage laws? #3  
Yea but that won't work with gas

/ Current fuel transport & storage laws? #4  
If those barrels just had a few ounces of cutting oil in them, you went to a lot of trouble for nothing. Especially for the one you plan on using for storing diesel.

The kerosene will just be a further waste of time and money.