Diesel fuel red or green

/ Diesel fuel red or green #31  
Do they have anything in blue?

/ Diesel fuel red or green #32  
Whats better for my machine. Red off road or pay at the pump green fuel. I can get red off road from work, cheap, free !!

cheers
gregz

There is another bonus to using that free fuel. If you get caught "liberating" it, you get 3 hots and a cot! :laughing:

/ Diesel fuel red or green #33  
Bought 400 liters of dyed diesel last week at the dealer. Saved about 25 cents per liter over pump prices.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #34  
Several local stations have set aside a special fuel oil pump with red-dyed furnace fuel, which I use in my 2006 Kioti DK45. There is usually a line-up to buy this in 5 or 10 gal lots (often going into red gasoline jugs!). The price difference is roughly $.23 to $.25 per liter vs. the green road diesel...so call it $1.00 per gal.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #35  
if your wanting to be technical. you can run red-dyed diesel on road. You are required to keep up with how many road miles you travel and file paperwork with a check for the separate road taxes.

many farmers do this so they dont have to keep 2 types of diesel. As part of the CDL logs its easy to capture road miles.

As a farm you have to pay quarterly taxes so many just work it into there normal tax payments.

For the avg guy, more hassle than its worth.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #36  
My tractor says to run low or ultra low sulpher content fuel. From this discussion, can I am assume off road fuel meets that?

My neighbor has a couple hundred gallons of new heating fuel for his furnace he wants to get rid of for free. Would I be safe using that in my 2010 tractors?

What about using off-road and that heating fuel at a 50-50 mix or there abouts?

I use additive no matter where I get the fuel.

heating oil is same stuff - just dyed different color. My folks do it and its yellow. They have diesel cans outside waiting for heating oil guy to fill up the home heating tank.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #37  
Whats better for my machine. Red off road or pay at the pump green fuel. I can get red off road from work, cheap,
1*free !!cheers
gregz
1*Free is best.

Hello all,I was thinking of running home heating oil in my new tractor, After talking to the oil man after delivery
2* he stated that home heating oil is NOT a low sulfer content fuel. I am sure the older rigs would be fine to run on heating oil but with the newer diesels set up to run on ultra low sulfer diesel from my understanding you can plug stuff up on the units.
3* So needless to say i am stuck paying 4.30-4.50 a gallon for diesel.
2*He was wrong all they make now days is ULSD.
3*No you are not.

4*My tractor says to run low or ultra low sulpher content fuel. From this discussion, can I am assume off road fuel meets that? All
5*My neighbor has a couple hundred gallons of new heating fuel for his furnace he wants to get rid of for free. Would I be safe using that in my 2010 tractors?
6*What about using off-road and that heating fuel at a 50-50 mix or there abouts?
7*I use additive no matter where I get the fuel.
4* It's all ULSD so it 's all the same.
5*Take it take it *** grab it before some one else does.
6*Its all the same stuff so how do you mix it?
7* So do I.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #38  
My tractor says to run low or ultra low sulpher content fuel. From this discussion, can I am assume off road fuel meets that?

My neighbor has a couple hundred gallons of new heating fuel for his furnace he wants to get rid of for free. Would I be safe using that in my 2010 tractors?

What about using off-road and that heating fuel at a 50-50 mix or there abouts?

I use additive no matter where I get the fuel.

Go for it! Nothing like that price.

I have run mine on heating for years with 'on road' from time to time. Can not see any difference in performance and with a mere 20 hp driving a 60" snow blower I would know.
Also i drive it up and down very hilly roads that would let me know if there was any power difference.
I also use additives, mainly for gelling prevention as I have been caught a few times, nothing worst than bleeding at -20!